mikesingleton
When comparing local brain stats with the Online brain stats they are identical with the exception that my local brain shows 2 more internal files than the Online brain. I have done numerous sync operations over the past two months since I noticed this and it is always the same. Any idea how I can identify the 2 'missing' files.

Also, I have noticed that I can sync a brain several times without making any changes at all to the brain between syncs and the little notification bar seems to giving random numbers of changes that have been synced each time. I admit your syncing is magic to me but I am concerned when I see this behavior.

Mike

J-1.7.0
Win 7 Ultimate

pthompson
Mike,

While there are some anomalies that can creep into the stats based on how they are calculated, your brains should be the same. 

When you sync your Brain, the differences between the online version and the local version are exchanged. These differences are calculated based on the last known time they were in sync. 

If at some point this last known time is wrong, it is possible that some true differences may be missed. To attempt to correct this, you can try to use the "Force re-sync" option and enter a date that is far back enough to get the true point in time at which the brains were the same. You must do this on both machine once. After both have completed this once, do a regular sync from both machines. If after doing this, there are still differences, then that indicates that the date you set was not early enough. 

Please send us an email at support@thebrain.com if you need further help with this.

Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
mikesingleton
Hi Patrick, I am not talking about two machines - just one desktop and the online brain. Also would a forced resync to a past date not lose the changes made since that date?

Mike

J-1.7.0
Win 7 Ultimate
pthompson
Mike,

I was also referring to a local and online Brain. The Force Re-sync option should almost never be used. It is used to force a re-sync of the local Brain to the version available online. 
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software