zenrain
Testing from two different machines running macOS. Both get stuck at Server Progress at 0%. I usually wait a while and it resolves itself (it's happened before) but I tested this last night and again this morning and its still occurring. Do you want me to send logs, or is it an issue on the WebBrain end?
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
Quote
zenrain
Update, moved past the 0%, now stuck at Waiting for remote acknowledgement. Output log says:
2016-10-12 15:28:15.5955 | DEBUG | TheBrain.Client.ClientSyncManager | [508] remote sync not finished, waiting...

So I'm guessing it's a server problem.
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
Quote
zenrain
Update:
Sync behavior seems to be normal now. However, I made some changes yesterday on my home machine that I synced (and got stuck). During this a sync ran on the work machine without the changes (and got stuck). After the issue corrected itself:

  1. Running a sync on the home machine would cause an instant crash after TheBrain synchronized. It restarted again, and ran normally until I tried a sync which would cause the crash. To get past this I created a .brz backup and then deleted the brain. Then I synchronized it from WebBrain and it now functions normally. It has the thoughts I added yesterday, so they were added to the WebBrain data (pertinent to the next part). All data seems fine.
  2. Running a sync on the work machine would not pick up the new thoughts added yesterday. I tried synchronizing multiple times. I deleted the brain, synchronized and now the data is current and present. 
Not sure if you want logs or the backup I created, if so, let me know and I'll submit a support ticket with them.
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
Quote
mcaton
Thank you Alex for all the updates.  Lots of progress and updates in the past two days with both importing and syncing.  Many changes made in the rapid fire versions we have released as well as on the server.

Just to be clear, after rereading your post and discussing with engineering, I don't believe your sync was ever 'stuck'.  Since it did move past the 0% and on to "Waiting for remote acknowledgement," and never displayed a distinct error message - it sounds like the sync was simply still working on the server end.  Holding on the "Waiting for remote acknowledgment" window means just that... there may be many other syncs taking place or you simply have a very large Brain.  There is a LOT to do on the server side, so the initial sync of a very large Brain can take some time.  Maybe we should change that message to an animated "Please stand by..." [smile]

Again, great to know that your sync is now working properly.  Please let us know in the future if you see any inconsistancies between Desktop and Server content.  We'd like to take a closer look at these while they still exist to avoid them from reoccuring.

I'll use your steps to create a few different testing scenarios and see if we can replicate any of this issues again.

Thank you,
Matt
Quote

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software