bmac
Harlan,

This might be of interest to you as to the reason the TIP (Tablet Input Panel) does not function within PB4:
Tablet PC Input Panel depends on an application's support for caret tracking. Input Panel uses caret tracking events to determine which text input control has focus and can invoke Input Panel. However, Input Panel does not appear when a caret is not present or if caret events are not being accurately generated. This paper describes some caret tracking best practices for enabling Tablet PC Input Panel that appears next to text entry areas in the application. The information in this paper pertains only to Input Panel when it appears next to a text entry area.

More info is available at:
http://whitepapers.zdnet.co.uk/0,1000000651,260266871p,00.htm

Bill

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
Harlan
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the link. The TIP does not work with PB4 and we are keenly aware of the reasons. Unfortunately it is not a simple issue to fix and we have not made any significant progress on it despite already having invested significant time working on it.
Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
Thanks Harlan.  I'm glad to see that you are working on the issue.

BTW - Firefox would not allow TIP to function as well.  A plugin for FF solves this: http://geckotip.mozdev.org/  I do not know if this would have any relation to the issue within  PB4.

Thanks.

Bill

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
Harlan
Release 5.0.0.9 enables the TIP to function in the search, thought creation, and thought renaming boxes.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software