SamCox
Has the idea of tag groups been suggested? I'd like to assign tags to a named collection (a.k.a., group) of tags, and when I select Tags from a thought's right-click menu, I would be presented with the group names. For example, I could name a group "Part Status" with tags "Obsolete," "Released," "Preliminary," and so on. Such grouping would, I think, direct me to the intended tag more quickly than does the current alphabetical order. This could be extended to sub-groups, I suppose, and tags not assigned to groups would appear in the default group "Other tags."
-- Sam

Moe
To my recollection this has not been suggested. It sounds pretty interesting though, maybe a good candidate for http://thebrain.uservoice.com.

Best regards,
Moe

marcussommer
yep, and last not least have the option that the group name might appear, too, when one of its child tags is used, aka using ", " when naming a new child thought.

carpediem

Marcus SOMMER
carpe diem

Marcus SOMMER
shiatsu aromatherapy do-in
twospoons
I submitted this same suggestion, but in regards to types, quite a while ago.  I still don't understand why the r-click menus for Tags and Types are so different.  One is broken into two letter sequences, the other displays full names.  I suggested breaking the Type submenus with the SuperType/Type categorization.  Harlan told me that it would slow things down too much.

However it ends up being, I wish it was more consistent between Tags and Types.
Wes
SamCox
Twospoons, I'm not sure I'm understanding your issue. I learned some while ago (from Harlan) that when the number of tags (or types, for that matter) gets "large," PB presents them to you in smaller groups arranged alphabetically.
-- Sam

twospoons
Sorry it took me so long to get a screen shot, but this is what I'm talking about.  Why does the Tags menu show the full name of the tags and why does the Types menu only show the first two letters of each section?  Why not have a little more consistency in the way the menus are presented?

Tags Menu

Types Menu
Wes
zhygame
I want this "Tag Groups" feature so much ! Without this feature, it can waste a lot of time when finding tags users want, among an ocean of tags that are in alphabetical order, what's worse, users may even forget the tag name they typed at first.

I propose that this can be done by creating a feature of "parent tags" , which works just like "parent thoughts" , so that a group of tags can be gathered under a parent tag , which can be found quickly and easily.

In addition, this feature should be added to the 'filter by tags' box in the 'custom report' interface. Otherwise for a users to find a tag , they have to find the tag in a box where only 5 tags can be seen at a time, among thounsands of tags! This process takes too much time to be done !

To achieve that, I suggest to create a feature similar with the "selection box" function of thoughts ( where user is able to do a right click on selection box , then choose to make a link between the selected thoughts and the current active thought ) , instead of making links , right click on this box can provide functions such as " flitering thoughts which are associated with the selected tags ", and other logical filtering function( such as "or" , "not").

-- Mike
pthompson
Thanks for the additional input.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software