rengel
Suggestion:
Add an option:
Show 'Tags text' only, when there is no icon.
Reinhard TB 9.1.19.0 and 10.0.25.0. WIN 10

Quality is the result of the attention paid to details.
mcaton
Have you tried adding a 'clear' icon to your icon directory?  Your icon directory is located (by default in Windows) in C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\TheBrain\Icons. You can create a new folder in this directory with all of your favorite or most commonly used icons. We suggest a 48 x 48 pixel png file.  I've attached a clear image that you can used to this message. Assign it to a tag and 'presto' no icon... just text.

Thanks,
Matt
Click image for larger version - Name: clear.png, Views: 28, Size: 975 Bytes
rengel
Sorry, Matt, I should have shown a picture:
TagsIcons.png 

My reasoning: If I attach an icon to a thought, the meaning of the icon (= its text) is clear to me. So I don't need the additional text. The text is needed when only the default generic tag icon is shown. This reduces screen clutter  a little bit.

metta
Thanks, Matt, for your suggestion re: the use of a clear icon.

I'd like to test this option, but I don't see the attached clear icon to which you were referring.

Am I missing something?

= Update =

Found it! Apologies for not looking closely enough. 😏

Perhaps you could highlight the location of the icon in your post by framing it with a bit of text on either side?
rengel
Just what is a 'clear' icon?

metta
A "clear" icon is transparent. It contains no content and will not obscure the background against which it is displayed.

For example, on a black thought the clear icon will allow the black background to show through; on a white thought, the white background will show through.
rengel
Thank you!
Now I understand: It is an icon without a foregorund picture and an alpha channel of 0%. That's easy. But I never read the term 'clear icon' before.

See https://www.techopedia.com/definition/1945/alpha-channel:
The alpha channel controls the transparency or opacity of a color. Its value can be represented as a real value, a percentage, or an integer: full transparency is 0.0, 0% or 0, whereas full opacity is 1.0, 100% or 255, respectively.

Alas, this is not what I suggested in my post. I meant:
If there is an icon:
   always show only the icon, never show the the text (not even on hover)
   # It is the essence of a (good) icon to be understandable without a text.
else:
   always show the text.

metta
Understood. I realized you were asking for a completely different feature.
Matt just offered another (different) option that I thought might be useful.
Hope he can also document your specific feature request.

In the meantime, thanks for your technical clarification about transparencies. FWIW, I think the term "clear" that Matt used wasn't intended be technical -- just descriptive of how it behaves.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software