Cxiym
- my brain is rather large, with about 55, 000 thoughts and 100, 000 links, about 25 MB in size (brz)

- before update, it would only take a couple minutes at most, but now, it takes a few hours/overnight

- I backup my brain regularly and I realised this only started happening after the latest update.

- any insight/help would be appreciated, or perhaps this could be fixed in a later update.
Harlan
We have not made any changes related to how that feature works for quite some time. Are you sure there is nothing else slowing you computer down? What OS are you using? Have you tried rebooting?

If it continues to be slow, please describe what portion of the process is taking a long time.
Regards,
-Harlan
Cxiym
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm using the latest mac os sierra, and attempted clearing out my hard drive, rebooted, run first aid, etc. I also tested out the same brain by importing it and attempting to back it up to a new brz on another pc, and the same problem occurs.

I'm not certain if this is relevant but it often takes about an hour to import, where most of the time is spent importing 'deletion markers', of which there are about 20, 000.

Also, my brain regularly crashes when making new thoughts, and upon restarting, the thoughts are usually still there, but are often not connected to the parent thought they were created under. Nevertheless, constantly having to restart is not that big a deal as it is much faster than the same brain running in TheBrain 8, overall.

In addition, my brain has started taking about 5 minutes to load upon restarting my mac, where it used to be instant before.

The phase of the process it gets stuck on for a couple hours when attempting to backup is : 'exported brain properties'
Harlan
Please update to 9.0.153, then quit, delete the output.log file, restart, do a backup, and then send us the output.log file so we can investigate. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
mcaton
Sean,

Log files received! Sorry for the delay, I did a bit of detective work to associate them with this specific forum thread [smile]  We're reviewing now and will keep you posted.

Thank you!
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software