Kriggel23
Currently, TB runs with >100% CPU, and uses more than 13 GB of memory. Three brains of mine were open. Restart of computer did not help. Stopped TB, opened just one brain. This did not help either.

Did a process analysis, will send it to TB.

TB 10.0.30 on Apple iMac 27", macOS Mojave version 10.14.2

Christian
Kriggel23
Current value: TB with 492 % CPU (sic!). I'm sure there's something wrong.

Two brains open, just activated an old thought?!

Christian
Kriggel23
V 10.0.36: 227% CPU. TB seems to have problems with big PDF files (150 to 550 MB)...

Christian
marcus
I am sitting idle on a thought with no attachments, but the CPU is constantly sitting at ~62% on OS X Mojave TheBrain 10.0.36.0. CPU never really drops below 60%, it only goes up when I start using it. 2017 MacBook pro.
Kriggel23
102 % CPU. TheBrain does not respond ...
metta
So sorry to see these performance issues are ongoing.

Have either of you opened support tickets and submitted your output logs when these problems occur?
Kriggel23
As mentioned in my first post abive, I‘ve send a process analysis. But TheBrain did not respond...
metta
@Kriggel23 ~

Thanks for pointing this out. (Missed your reference to sharing this analysis with TB team in my initial scan of this thread.)

So sorry you didn't get a response either here or in your original help desk ticket! ðŸ˜¨
Kriggel23
Could you PLEASE keep an eye on this problem and solve it as soon as possible? It is currently quite annoying to have to wait half an eternity every time you enter data or create links to existing thoughts.

A little note: only with one of the last versions (10.0.xx) did this behavior of TheBrain begin, so please release the brake again.

Christian
metta
 No feedback from support since mid-December? Too, too bad....
ruudhein
I've had my main brain suddenly slow down as well, before. Tried repairing, going to a backup. But what fixed it for me was to delete my local brain and sync it again from the server. Been smooth ever since.
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | PrintFriendly | TheBrain v10.0.48.0
Kriggel23
Updated to 10.0.39 ...
Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-07 um 11.03.24.png 

@ruudhein: thanks, but that's not an option to me. My brains have a size of appr. 365 GB in whole.

Christian

[Update a little more than an hour later ...]
Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-07 um 12.29.11.png  
ruudhein
That's one large brain? What do you have in it?

You probably tried this already, but does restoring from an older backup change anything?
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | PrintFriendly | TheBrain v10.0.48.0
Kriggel23
@ruudhein:

I use 16 different brains. Three  of them are particularly important to me. A personal one (people, places, dates), one for documents, and one for photos (whereby the photos are at most linked in TB, but otherwise stored externally), and one for my work. The rest is - to put it simply - the electronic counterpart to a magazine subscription.

The risk of data loss is far too high for me, so backup/restore is no option. And, btw, it takes too long, and the outcome is uncertain (no guess, but experience).

Christian
metta
Very glad to know more about your "big brain" experience, Christian. Thanks for sharing.

I'm wondering now, though, if backup/restore is not an option for you, and if your brain collection is so large, how will you ever be able to move all your brain data to a new computer when your current system is outdated?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software