metta

This evening I dropped a few links and notes into a v10 test brain, and after several successful syncs, I received an unknown sync error. Then, the sync process got stuck on 'Processing Data Remotely" and was unable to resolve.

After 30 minutes, I closed and reopened TB, initiated the sync again, but this time I selected "Start Over" -- and now it is stuck again on "Processing Data Remotely".

FYI, a screenshot of the error message and my output logs have already been submitted along with my help desk ticket for this bug.

Has anyone else run into any similar issues in TB10.0.17?

Quote
mctrexler
I am similarly stuck on Processing Data Remotely - both TB9 and 10.  Perhaps Web Client is down in some way.  

Mark
Quote
metta
Mark, this is actually a bug TB team has been working on for several weeks.

Our hope had been that TB10.0.17 provided the necessary fix, and initially this issue did seem to be resolved -- but now it seems the bug has returned.
Quote
metta
= Update =

Several hours later I reopened TB10 and tried syncing again, using the "Start Over" option.

This time, the sync managed to resolve, but TB immediately locked up, and I had to close it manually using my Windows task manager.

Output log provided with my help desk ticket.

Quote
mcaton
Many recent updates on both the server as well as in the new 10.0.21 build.  Is this the version you are on now and how is it syncing for you?

Thanks,
Matt
Quote
metta
Thanks for checking, Matt. I'm currently running 10.0.21 -- and since updating to TB10.0.20, the aforementioned sync issues now appear to be resolved.

However, since I'm only using TB10 for testing purposes, I haven't had a lot of opportunities to test the sync function yet, so if any additional sync problems show up, I'll be sure to provide an update here and in my current help desk ticket.

Thanks again.
Quote
metta
= Update =

Just now updated to 10.0.22 on my Win7 Desktop and Laptop -- and immediately afterward, I ran into sync error messages in BOTH installations.

Screenshots, details and the output log from each installation has been submitted in my related Help Desk ticket.
Quote
metta
= Update =

Managed sync successfully a few times over the weekend. However, now the sync is stuck 1/2-way through the "downloading" process.

Still running 10.0.22

= Later =

This unresolved sync eventually generated an error message with the option of submitting an error report to support, which I did.

I also managed to successfully complete the sync by eventually reverting to TB9.
Quote
mcaton
Metta,

We were still updating/restarting servers this morning when 10.0.22 was available.  Can you update to 10.0.23 and try syncing again.  I'm confident that the sync process will be able to complete for you now.

Thank you,
Matt
Quote
metta
Thanks for the update, Matt. Will do later tonight, when I have time.

As I indicated in this discussion, my first attempt to update to 10.0.23 completely froze up TB10.0.22 -- so I looks like I'm going to have download and install the newest release manually.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed -- and I'll let you know how it goes here and in my help desk ticket.
Quote
metta
2nd attempt to automatically update to TB10.0.23 eventually did work -- and my first few attempts at syncing now seem to be running much more smoothly.

Will let you know if I run into any other hitches or glitches with additional testing.
Quote
metta
Spoke too soon. Sync completed, but I also received the following error message.
SyncErrorMessage.png

Error report submitted in app -- screenshot and output log submitted on help desk ticket #65030.

FYI, subsequent syncs seem to be working now as they should.
Quote
mcaton
Metta,

Thanks for being diligent and we always appreciate the log files for these issues.  I think you may have hit the server during a quick update/eboot earlier today.  As you mentioned, sync should be working fine again now.

Thank you,
Matt
Quote
metta
Great! So very glad to hear this, Matt.Thanks for letting me know what might have caused the glitch.

Also, just to confirm, subsequent syncs are regularly resolving now -- although I never really understand quite how the timing works when syncing between 1 desktop installation and the web client when edits are only being made in the desktop:
> some minor edits take quite a long time to sync;
> while other, more significant changes resolve very quickly.

I'm sure there are good technical reasons for this variance (and I don't really need to understand why) -- but it does remain a curiosity to me.

In any case, my thanks to you and TB team for all the time and effort that has been invested in resolving the recent sync issues. I must say it is reassuring when the sync process seems to be performing reliably again. 🙂
Quote

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software