Spacenexus
I installed TB10 and when I try and start, the following dialog emerges. Seems to be stuck on finding a starting directory for brains that might have previously existed, but now doesn't.

TB10 starting problem.png 
If I then try and select an alternate folder I get an error report (which I sent to TheBrain). Restarting then puts this in a loop.

I don't have any way to start TB10 currently. 

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
mcaton
Does TheBrain 9.1 still run properly for you? Can you verify where your Brain Data storage directory is in 9.1 by going into Preferences > System Tab > Storage ?  Select this specific location from the Select Brains folder window.

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
Matt
Spacenexus
I had unintalled my test of TB9 on this computer a whlie back. I'm not even sure I ever had a Q: drive, but there certainly isn't one there now. Weird.
@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
Spacenexus
I must be having bad luck. Even trying to get TB10 on my other computer fails to start after installation.

Only thing is that I'm changing the location of the brains directory.

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
metta
My understanding is that changing the location of the brain directory will cause problems in TB 9|10. There were actually quite a few discussions about this here in the forum during the past year.

I'll check my bookmarks and add in any links here that might be relevant:

Hope this helps.
mcaton
First, please make sure you are installing the new version 10.0.22.  Available now on the download page. 

Jim, after the app is 'failing after startup' can you send us a copy of your Output.log file? Please send to support@thebrain.com and reference this forum post.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software