rengel
If I've ever read an euphemism, it is this one ("to an hour or more"). I started the process at noon. Now it is 8 P.M., and the process is still running. The output log shows, that the brain is not frozen. The 'percentage done' slowly crawls towards 100%. Now it's at about 69%; so there are some more hours to go!. Even if the brain is large (50.000+ thoughts), who want's to say that eight to ten (!) hours are tolerable?

Reinhard TB 8.0.1.5 win8-64, J-1.7.0_x
pshanks
Yea noticed that.

I started mine at 8:06am it now 1:43pm so in ~5.5 hours it's done 19.7%
(looking at the output log) so based on that I've got another 22 hours to go.

And that's only one Brain, I've got multiple Brain's so this worries me!

rengel
Pat, thanks for the the input. If you're experiencing something like this, it makes you worry if you made a stupid mistake.

An update: At midnight (after 12 hours) the process still was running. I let the brain run overnight; but apparently Windows hibernated. As I write this, its morning in Germany. The process still is running (now about 82%).

Spacenexus
Sorry to hear of the gestation times with 7032.

I wonder if support could comment on whether a fix will be available that will reduce these conversion times. At 85k thoughts I am guessing 48+ hours processing time from initial experiences here. This is downtime I cant have right now.

Thanks

Jim
TB8021 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 66
IE10 32bit Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Primary Access Win10Pro
64bit Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7 Narrowpuddle
Brain user since zygote
pshanks
Well check it out this morning (26 hours later) and it looks from the output.log that the job has stalled.

It's at 24.2% and that was the same as when I went to bed last night.

Guessing support not going to see this until Monday...

This is weird not having my Brain to work with... ouch.

V7 beta from my experience has been more troubling with both the TheBrain and WebBrain with problems and challenges.

rengel
Spacenexus,

better you double the expected time, to be on the safe side.

With me, the brain is still running, now at 93%; that's just 11% better than nine hours ago. I'll post the output.log when the process (hopefully) will have ended. Meanwhile I attach the output.log in its current status (just in case it gets deleted at the end of the process).

I wonder which kind of algorithm they are applying to check the database. It feels like some N x N stuff or an exponential explosion...

rengel
The process was finished at about 11 P.M, about 35 hours after it was started.
After closing the brain, an error log appeared in its folder.
(output.log and error.log attached).

plegoux
Hi,

My Brain have headache.

Update of my thousands' thoughts database began Saturday and still continue... At the beginning I've believed there is a bug and I've wrote a mail to the support team !

Now, 36 hours later, progression is ~66% and I'm hoping the end for tomorrow morning... Without GTD database for almost 3 days... Maybe more... I don't know what I've to do today, important or urgent, or not.

Thanks to the team for this perfect update ! In the past I've moved GTD from Outlook to PB for similar reasons...

Patrice
PS : I don't see any output nor error log in the brain directory.

Patrice Legoux

TB 7.0.4.5
Java 1.7.0_09-b05
Windows 7 64 bits SP 1

Main PC:
Toshiba Satellite, 4Gb RAM, Intel® Core™ i3-330M, 2.13GHz
Windows performance index: 5.0

PC 2:
Asus Eee PC, 2Gb RAM, Intel Atom CPU N460 0.66Ghz
Windows performance index: 2.3
rengel
Patrice,

you find the logs in the installation directory of TheBrain.exe.

BTW: Not everyone understand or likes ironic remarks ("Thanks to the team for this perfect update ") .

Regards,

pshanks
~50k thoughts

50 hours later and it's 44.7% done.
pthompson
Hello All,

As you've seen in the Release Notes posted above, this process could take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or more on a large Brain. The larger your Brain is, the longer this process is going to take. This process only needs to be done once and will vastly increase and improve syncing time and issues.

Regards,
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
pshanks
We're not talking hours now, we are talking DAYS!!!
Spacenexus

Patrick

I think 'a few minutes to an hour or more' reasonably suggests an order of magnitute maximum of 1-3 hours. If the table rebuild is taking days for a dedicated brain user something needs to be done about it quickly.

Is there any way to accelerate this conversion process before upgrading beyond 7030? From timings reported here my brain will be in a coma for best part of a week.

Thanks

Jim

PS: I hope you mean it will decrease syncing times!  

TB8021 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 66
IE10 32bit Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Primary Access Win10Pro
64bit Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7 Narrowpuddle
Brain user since zygote
rengel
Patrick,

if you knew in advance, that could take dozens of hours it would have been sensible to say so. Then at least one would have had a chance to choose the right time for the upgrade. So people are just loosing days of their work.

pthompson
I will bring this to the attention of our engineers to see if there is anything that can be done to speed up this process.

Regards,
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software