ThorstenZ
Hi there,
there seems to be still some problems with the instant activation index.
If i use the search patterns "ab ma b" in PB6 (see attachment) I'll get a completely different result than in TB7 (see attachement). 
There seemed to be a problem with the instant activation with the earlier versions of TB7 but I haven't found any comments that the issue was closed.
Kind regards, Thorsten
UPDATE: 
Testes a little bit more - it seems that the comma between "Briesen" and "Marcus" causes the problems.
Click image for larger version - Name: PB6-Instant_Search_Pattern.PNG, Views: 162, Size: 4.43 KB Click image for larger version - Name: TB7-Instant_Search_Pattern.PNG, Views: 161, Size: 4.21 KB
ThorstenZ
This seems to be a problem with existing thoughts. If I open the existing brain with TB7 the thougth will not be found. If I create a new thought with the same name, the thought will be found with the described search pattern.
There seems to be a difference in the instant activation index when I open a existing brain and the initial indexing is running an if I create new thougts in TB7.
If I can give you more informations to help fixing this problem, just give me a hint what you need.
Thorsten.
glientsc
Does this problem persist if you Utilities -> Rebuild Instant Activation Index?
ThorstenZ
Yes, the problem persists. There is no change if I rebuilt the instant activation index in TB7. The result keeps the same.

ThorstenZ
I'm wondering that no one else has this problem. Rebuilding the index in version 7 (TB7.0.3.0) doesn't work. The problem is the same as described.
Without the instant activation index search the brain is useless.

mcaton
Thorsten,

Very interesting discovery.  I believe I have replicated the issue and will turn this over to our engineers for further review.  I created 2 test thoughts.  One with the same starting letters (and some gibberish) and another with the same thought as yours.  Doing a search for "ab ma b" returns the gibberish thought, but not the duplicate of your thought.  I even kept the same punctuation in the gibberish thought.

I'll keep you posted with our results.

Thank you,
Matt
ThorstenZ
Hi Matt,
sounds great. Just waiting for the next update.
Regards,
Thorsten
ThorstenZ
Hi Mat,
just downloaded tb7.0.3.2. The problem still remains. I don't understand why the indexing doesn't work as in version 6. It is just a little bit annoying that every new main version has bugs in areas which where not really changed from the previous version to the new version.
How can I help you to analyse the cause of this problem? It seems that this is a problem of my current brain file because no one else announced such a problem.
I hope you understand that TB7 is useless if I can not migrate my current brain to tb7 without loosing the possibility to find my thoughts through the instant activation index. one of the main advantages of finding information by typing just a few characters would vansih. 
So just tell me - how can i help fixing this issue.
kind regards,
thorsten
Spacenexus

Thorsten

You're not alone in experiencing this issue. I've noticed this myself with 7xxx but it was intermittent enough that i hadn't gotten round to posting it yet. Will try and spot when it's happening.

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
mlemons
Interestingly, instant activation search works for me in 7 Beta, but not in my primary (and just updated) 6 version.  I have received no feedback as to the potential problem either.  This makes using the version of the Brain that I paid for almost impossible, since I can't link new thoughts to current thoughts without manually finding those thoughts first. 
pthompson
Martha,

Have you tried rebuilding your Search features by navigating to (File > Utilities > Rebuild Instant Activation Index) and (File > Utilities > Rebuild Search Index)?

Regards,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software