GerSch
When I want to work together in one Brain with a client, both of us must habe a TeamBrain license? Normally we work a limited time together, may be a month or two... TeamBrain license I can buy only for one year? This is not compatible, or?
shatcher
Hi GerSch,

In order to collaborate on a Brain, you both will need TeamBrain licenses. These are available as an annual purchase.

Any Brain you create can be shared in read only mode. If you just need to share the information in your Brain with a client, this would work without the need for TeamBrain. To share a Brain, click Online > Brain Access and Sharing... Then either make your Brain public and give them the URL, or add their email to share your Brain privately.

Cheers, Sean
GerSch
Mmh?? This is not a very flexible price modell... What reasons are speaking against monthly accounts?
shatcher
GerSch,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will speak with our marketing team, and let them know that there is interest in a monthly subscription model.
GerSch
The standard paying system today is a possible monthly plan and 20 % discount for the yearly plan.. Even for beginners a monthly plan is great to try out new complex software like TB and than later you can change to a yearly subscription. TB is so expensive. You get a lot of customers not, because of your pricing plans.
mctrexler
Gersch, I am a Team Brain user, but I know that some people do find ways to work together on a Brain without the Team Brain license.  If you share a Brain account, you could in principle work on a Brain at different times and have the same effect as Team Brain.   

Mark
metta
GerSch,

My daughter and I have done what Mark described, and it works quite well for us. We each have separate brain accounts -- and the brain in question is located in her free account. However, we can both access her account (using a shared email address), and this allows us both to work in the same brain.

We simply notify each other (through live chat) before we begin working in her brain, and if we want to work in her brain at the same time, we simply work in different areas. We also ALWAYS sync before and after making any changes on her brain to ensure that all edits are saved to the web client.

Don't know if this would work for your and your clients, but for us the process has been quite doable -- and it has proven to be very helpful for both of us.
mcaton
This process, however, of multiple individuals sharing a single license or Brain account is not allowed and is a violation of our license agreement. In short, Brain licenses are issued to individual people, rather than to Brain Databases, computers, businesses, etc.

Thank you,
Matt
metta
Thanks for the heads up on this terms of service issue, Matt. Didn't mean to "break the rules" by helping my daughter with her brain. It's just that she's on the autism spectrum, and TB has proven to be a very helpful tool in managing her life, but "gardening" is often challenging for her, and that's where I've been helping out (scroll down for details).

In light of this, it would be great if the Team Brain pricing could be revisited in terms of:
> GerSch's original request for short term client work,
managing family use, and
> working with individuals with special needs.
mctrexler
Let me pose an alternative and hopefully a very real use case in the near future.   An expert wants to help curate a small slice of the Climate Web, so we need to share that slice via Team Brain for a period of about 2 weeks. As of today that expert knows nothing about TB, and certainly isn't going to purchase TB in order to help curate the Climate Web. 

My solution would likely be to purchase a TB license that I would use for exactly such situations.  One expert is working with me on a slice of the Climate Web, and a month later another expert is doing the same for another slice of the Climate Web.  Based on their exposure to the Climate Web they might even decide to purchase TB, but who knows.  But I have to say I wouldn't feel at all guilty about this use case, even though it sounds from Matt's comment that it would violate the terms of service.  I guess my question would be why TB would object to the use case, i.e. 1 user (at a time) - 1 license, especially given the market exposure it would give TB. 

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Mark
Brigitte
Hi Mark, 

Thank you for your feedback. As Matt mentioned, sharing your license with others is not allowed and is violating our license agreement.

However, what you are trying to accomplish can be done. You can remove/reassign a TeamBrain subscription any time. You can purchase an additional TeamBrain subscription. You can then assign this subscription to one of your colleagues to work with you on a certain project. When you are done with that project, you can remove that user and reassing the subscription to your next expert that you want to share your Brain with.

If you need further instructions on this please let us know.

Best regards,
Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
mctrexler
I think that's what I had tried to describe Brigitte, but perhaps I'm missing something.  My short-cut would just have been to change passwords every time.  How do you "reassign" a Team Brain license?  

Thanks,

Mark
Brigitte
Hi Mark,

If you are using TheBrain 8, you can reassign TeamBrain subscriptions as follows:

1. Log into https://webbrain.com/login
2. Click "Settings" on the top of the page
3. Navigate to the Licenses and Services section (right side) and click on the "Manage Licenses and Services" button.
4. Remove the current user, if there is one, on any unused licenses by clicking on the X next to the currently assigned user.
5. Type in the full email address or username of the new user, make sure it displays below the text field, and select it.
6. Be sure to select the "Save" button to complete any changes.

If you are on TeamBrain for TheBrain 9, you will need to let us know to reassign subscriptions for now. The functionality for the administrator to reassign subscriptions in TheBrain 9 will be coming.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software