miadonis
I almost always title my thought notes with the thought name.

I would like to see a feature that allows notes to automatically set the notes title/heading as the thought name.

Regards,
Matt

MacOS 10.14.1TB 10.0.25

zenrain
I often do this also, but usually in specific cases. +1, even if it's a keyboard shortcut to set the Thought name to the Note Title.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
metta
+1 - Nice feature, but please keep it optional
reasonablekamikaze
To build on this, having templated notes.

For example, when performing research, I always ask/answer the same questions. Having these questions titled in a template would be awesome.

[WHAT IS IT, AND HOW DOES IT WORK] (Title)

[Text]

[WHY IS IT NEEDED} (Title)

[Text]

etc.
Vadych
+1
metta
Definitely +1 for reasonablekamikaze's suggested feature request for creating customized note templates. I would use this feature on almost a daily basis.

However, for each of these note template features to be truly helpful in my use case, they would ultimately depend upon:
> resolving several outstanding note bugs and
> providing several custom note formatting features that were requested by multiple brain users quite a long while ago (many pending since late 2016)....

For more details, please see my list of these note bugs and feature requests, along with a related poll:
> http://forums.thebrain.com/post/notes-poll-amp-q-re-status-of-outstanding-note-bugs-amp-longstanding-feature-requests-9873869
zenrain
I create a thought and call it “Template, [name]. 
Then when I need I activate the thought and duplicate it (I have the duplicate thought command assigned to ctrl/cmd + d). Then shift drag to where it needs to go. 

Takes a a few seconds and works well.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
metta
@zenrain ~

I'm currently using this strategy, as well -- and it certainly gets the job done.

However, it would be even faster and more convenient to eliminate all the plex navigation and instantly (simply) select and insert an existing note template from a note menu (pull down, right click, etc.)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software