zenrain
I use TextExpander all the time, except when it comes to using it in TheBrain Notes. I've found that when expanding snippets in notes it will often (read almost always) paste in the clipboard instead of the snippet. I'm guessing this has something to do with the timing of TextExpander and Java. Quite frankly the next version can't come soon enough as far as notes are concerned. 

However.
I've recently found (when I started to do the image insertion into notes) that textexpander expansion works perfectly in the Code View. While this doesn't help with small replacement snippets, it's very useful to know for larger more complex snippets. 

So, thought I'd share, just in case anyone else was running into this frustration.
macOS 10.12.4
TheBrain 9.0.179
pthompson
zenrain,

Thanks for the feedback. I use aText, which is essentially the same thing as TextExpander and don't seem to have this problem. I guess they handle snippets differently.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
zenrain
I just tested aText which works fine here also. Then I tried Keyboard Maestro snippets. It appears that TextExpander uses the clipboard and aText doesn't (and you can also set KM Macros to either use the clipboard or type out the expansion).

So given the combination of this and my pasting images into notes issue, I think that both installations of TheBrain I have running on my work and home OS X machines have issues with correctly handling items from the OS X clipboard.

Patrick, do you have Java installed from the Java site or did you just install the one from the Apple Article (for using with older versions)? Trying to figure out what the difference is. I have just installed the most recent one from the site, it says it's Version 8 Update 60. When running from TheBrain it says _45.
macOS 10.12.4
TheBrain 9.0.179
pthompson
I don't have any third party version of Java installed on my Mac. TheBrain installer comes pre-packaged with a JVM that is installed during TheBrian whole installation process and I am running TheBrain using just that.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
zenrain
I uninstalled the one from the Java site. However, at some point I think I installed the Java installation from the Apple Support Article and as far as I've found, that's not easily uninstalled outside of doing a complete nuke and pave of the OS.

It may be that something with that is conflicting. I may nuke and pave once El Cap comes out. If I do I'll report back on if that resolves the problem.
macOS 10.12.4
TheBrain 9.0.179

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software