OneByFifty

Hello, 

Tried to post this in the New Releases thread, but I couldn´t.

A couple of issues with the last version (14):

a) When saving content in The Box, both in Chrome and Safari, it will not be available in the Mac Appl
b) Searching will not work for attachments.

Thank you

mcaton
Xabier,

Thank you for posting. I've been unable to replicate these issues on a macOS machine. Both Chrome and Safari seem to be adding desired web pages into the BrainBox properly and search is functioning as well. When adding content from your browser to your BrainBox, there may be a bit of a delay, since this requires the sync functionality to be operational. Are you logged into the desktop application with the same user account that you used to log in online?

Also, what type of file attachment is not showing up in your search results? Was this working properly for you in a previous build?

Thank you,
Matt
OneByFifty
Hi Matt, 

It seems the problem could be the sync functionality, it can take a long time until the box shows the links, and I get sync errors like the one in the attached screenshot.

Yes, I am logged in with the same user.

The attachments that won´t show in the search window are PDFs and web links.

Thank you Click image for larger version - Name: Sync Error.png, Views: 87, Size: 52.61 KB
artcanadianstyle
OneByFifty wrote:
Hi Matt, 

It seems the problem could be the sync functionality, it can take a long time until the box shows the links, and I get sync errors like the one in the attached screenshot.

Yes, I am logged in with the same user.

The attachments that won´t show in the search window are PDFs and web links.

Thank you

i am having the same problem with the sync. My Brain hasn’t synced properly since October 4 at 2:15pm
(and not for lack of trying)
i get the same error message as above and I know I am logged in properly. 
Harlan
Please try again as changes made a few hours ago should clear up a lot of issues that were happening until recently.
Regards,
-Harlan
OneByFifty
I am afraid is not solved. 

Sync keeps failing (see attached) and, when trying to save a web page from Safari, it will keep saying "Not logged in", even when I am. Click image for larger version - Name: Sync Failed.png, Views: 67, Size: 19.32 KB
Harlan
Thanks for posting. We made another round of changes to the sync system in version 10 and have rolled it out as of approximately 2:00pm Pacific Time.. This change requires updating your desktop client also. Please install 10.0.17 and try again.

Apologies again for the all the issues. Version 10 uses a new set of technologies on the backend and they have caused more issues than expected.
Regards,
-Harlan
bullet_3
Just downloaded 10.0.17. Hangs up as I try to create new Thought on macbook pro mojave.
Appreciate all your ingenuity and efforts in trying new set of technologies on backend.
Harlan
Hi Brian,

I am also on Mojave and have not seen anything experiencing any issues on Mojave currently. Can you provide a more detailed description of what is happening? Do you get an error of any kind?
Regards,
-Harlan
OneByFifty
Hi Harlan, 

BrainBox applet for Safari will keep saying "not logged in", even after logging in.
mcaton
Xabier,

Just to confirm, have you logged into  https://app.thebrain.com/login in Safari? Can you keep the tab with your Logged in Brain account page open and try using the BrainBox again?

Thank you,
Matt 
gery51
TheBrain Desktop version 10.0.17.0 Sync error login required while i am already logged in

I am already logged in and after a few minutes the syste ask to loggin again ?
There are 2 brains screens open now.
the outputlog is in attachment
Regards,
Gerard
OneByFifty
@mcaton, I am logged in to The Brain, but keeps asking to log in.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software