deakus
Does anybody actually still use the Brain on Linux?

This section of the forums is looking pretty quiet.

I used to, but some of the issues like drag and drop and mime types and default application problems forced me back to windows. I'm pragmatist looking for a stable computing environment, I don't really care where it is. At the moment it is looking like MacOS.

Ideally it would be a Linux environment( lubuntu ) , but the brain is a key component of my environment.

I hope that the Brain continues to be available on Linux. Even if a select specific distro to keep support and development costs down, as it gives me the choice and flexability i'm looking for.
Brain User since 2.0
pthompson
There certainly are a vocal few who use TheBrain on Linux but the reality is that it is not a widely used OS. I use Linux on my ThinkPad, but it is definitely not my primary OS; macOS is.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
russnh
Yes I do, on an aged Dell laptop running Kubuntu (as well as on several Windows machines), where it works reasonably well. I'd hate to lose it on Linux!

deakus
Glad to hear it, Kinda why I asked the question. I would not like to see it go either, But i suspect that there are very few activations on Linux. And every commercial enterprise has to focus their resources for the highest yield. Unless the brain is written using a cross platform framework the development costs have to be scrutinised.
Brain User since 2.0

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software