Manni
I've installed TB10 on a new partition (clean Windows 10 Pro x64 install) and I get this error when I log in:

Time server error 2019-01-12 171024.jpg 

I also have two of my online brains for which there is no picture, just the title and "(Loading Thumbnail...)" displayed.

No idea why that is. It's the first time I come upon this issue.

Of course internet etc working fine. Check for updates working fine too.

I can also download my brains (including the thumbnail-only ones) without any problem.

This is with 10.0.31.0

When I click on "About", the info says "Error getting account status. Try logging in again.":

error status.png 

But I am logged in, my gravatar is displayed in the upper right corner and I can access, download and sync all the brains.

Very weird! 
TB V10.0.32.0 running in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809 with Bootcamp on a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz.
metta
@Manni ~

(1) I did get this clock time error message once last year, and adjusting the time settings on my computer did take care of the issue. Don't know if you've tried this yet, but it is essential to use an authoritative site to make sure your clock settings are accurate: http://www.time.gov

(It is surprising how many other date/time web sites are not accurate.)

(2) I've also randomly lost my brain thumbnails several times recently. In my case, though, they were automatically replaced by TB10 logo -- and then later on, the missing thumbnails returned and other ones disappeared. Unresolved mystery.

(3) I've also randomly run into the "error getting account status" message. Not sure what causes it, but (for me) it seems to be transitory, and I haven't run into it recently. However, when it happened previously, this error corresponded with TB losing track of my paid (pro) account status. As I recall, the problem spontaneously corrected itself with a restart. (Don't remember, though, if the restart was on the same or a later date.)
Manni
Hi Metta,

Thanks for the reply. I always let Windows set the time, date, region and time zone automatically, so I'm as accurate as Windows. I think they sync with one of these servers synced to an atomic clock somewhere. I can't select the server anyway.

What weird is that it's not on my new install only, when I opened TB10 on my usual install, the same issue was there and it's been working fine for ages.

I've installed the 10.0.32.0 and the issue is still there, on both computers, so clearly nothing to do with the new install.

EDIT: just tried on the "old" install (the VM in my sig, the new one is a bootcamp install on the same computer), and the issue is gone and the thumbnails are back. Hopefully it won't come back...
TB V10.0.32.0 running in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809 with Bootcamp on a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz.
metta
Strange, indeed.
mcaton
We did have a fairly significant server outage on Saturday when this was originally reported.  Any change now when logging in?

Thank you,
Matt
Manni
Hi Matt,

All seems still fine now, at least on my "old" install. It's been fine for two days, so would tally with the server outage on saturday.
shatcher
For any future users seeing this thread: typically your computer checks the time once a week. In most cases (99.99%) the clock is still within fractions of one second. Sometimes though it can be off from the correct time. I recommend checking your computer's clock against  https://www.timeanddate.com/

A personal example: Years ago when I had the brand new Nintendo DS handheld gaming system, it would lose time really bad. I figured out that every time I turned it off and on, it would not count those seconds during powering on and off. After a few weeks of using it, the time could be off by 12 hours or more. While a Nintendo DS is not a laptop/desktop computer, it still had the same type of message about not being able to access online features because the clock was off.

Another note (because it comes up frequently): The server checks the time your computer reports against your local time. It actually converts all time from the time zone you are in, to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time, or the +0 time zone). So there is no need to try to set it to the time in another time zone.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software