Daves
Beware that if you have Thebrain 8 files on a network drive and then try version 9 of the software, letting it use the default storage location for the version 9 files, that your original version 8 files with no longer be available. In my case, even backup files, which were in a subdirectory of the brain directory on the original network drive, were moved to the new location. Unfortunately, I had not made a brain zip for 5 months so have lost a lot of information.
what a pain!
DaveS
Harlan
Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear you had trouble... I'm not sure what exactly you experienced, but if all you do is use TheBrain 9's import feature, it only copies information from TheBrain 8 source files and does not move them. Perhaps you did something else that caused your files to be moved?
Regards,
-Harlan
Daves
Hi Harlan, I was experiencing some confusion so I may have done something else that caused my brain 8 files to be deleted and my backup files to be moved to the new, brain 9, directory. if it was me I have no idea what I did.

Am I right in concluding that with version 9 desktop that I will have to confine my individual brains to a single computer and that there is no way of sharing between computers other than storing it on cloud, which I don't have the desire or the network speed to do.
DaveS
Daves
Hi Harlan, Sorry for the confusion, but since last message I have found my missing version 8 files. The whole directory I had then in was moved to another location.  it may have been me because I have essential tremor and an unintended double-click can often move a directory.
Sorry for the confusion.
DaveS
Harlan
Glad to hear you found your files. [smile]

If you'd like to share a Brain between two machines, the best way is to sync it between them using the cloud. If you don't want to use the cloud, you can move it between machines via Brain Archive (File > Backup to Brain Archive).
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software