Harlan
TheBrain 9.1 is now available exclusively for forum members. It features upgraded sync capabilities and stability enhancements. Syncs are even smoother and more reliable since they can be resumed if interrupted for any reason.

Learn more and download here.
Regards,
-Harlan
Cerebrum
The sync is faster and smoother ...
Thanks.
mcaton
Great to hear! Thanks for posting.

Matt
zenrain
Same. Good so far!
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
enkidu
Hello TB team.
Any functional novelties to be expected in v 9.1 ? (ie : expanded view)

thanks in advance
enkidu
Harlan
In 9.1, the focus is on backend enhancements which include greater stability and a revamped sync subsystem. Other than those changes, no major new features will be introduced until version 10. 
Regards,
-Harlan
Rob2050
I have found it running at high CPU, 80-100% CPU on a MacBook Pro. No particular reason why, maybe a memory leak?
kbunders
Harlan, 
Could you guys please look into the performance of TheBrain 9. It really worries me that the GUI is so sluggish. I notice that after all these years I am not using the Brain as often and as happy as I used to do. I have reported before. Other users have confirmed my findings, but I feel dropped. Is it still under investigation? Will it be fixed in 9.1? Is the issue dropped?
Cheers, Koen
Windows 10 | Beta testing TheBrain 9.1.16.0
shatcher
Koen,

TheBrain 9 was designed to be faster; and 9.1 is designed to be a step up in certain areas. Performance issues can be difficult to diagnose because we have to take them on a case by case basis. Most users report an increase in the speed of TheBrain 9. So when we do receive a report of sluggish performance we have to look at the specific case: the computer itself including hardware components, interactions with other apps, etc... I apologize for any frustration this causes. If you have not already, please contact us at support@thebrain.com and describe any specific issues you are experiencing, such as sluggish response when performing specific actions or if it is sluggish when previewing certain file types.

Cheers, Sean

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software