gery51
Hello TheBrain-Team,

I am Gerard Coppejans a retired programmer-analyst and i’m still very active in the programming world. I live at Ostend on the Belgian coast.

Your software is very unique and it is going into the good direction for the future.
The fact that you can put every thought passing your mind together on one place and tied them together without programming and cluttering on the screen makes it super.

I am testing TheBrain 9 now with the trial version to develop a project to identify plankton.
It’s not a easy tasks  but the software give me a lot of possibilities and i will succeed.

There are however a few things that i would propose to include in the software:

1°) Artificial Intelligence.

The links between thoughts could be extended with a new type, for instance: relational facts.
This link-type would be applicate to thoughts which related to each other on a special way.
 f.i.         thought-x is_father tought-y
              thought-y is_son  thought-z
What is beautiful in that concept is that the user is completely free to make its own relations labels  in every possible domain like :
             engine-e  has_wheels    
To make the relation link complete, it should be capable to have a new feature (array) where you can put some additional attributes like 4 (four wheels) and methods (script-code function(x,y,z)).
Thus the relation should be object-oriented.

The next characteristic is a table with rules on which the relation objects can rely on.
You could say IF thought-x(id) is_father tought-y(id) and  thought-y(id) is_son  thought-z(id) THEN thougt-x(id) is_married thought-z. Where id is the id number in the sql tabel.
On the engine thought you could say: IF engine-e has_wheels(2) THEN is_bicycle.
The rules could be sequel statements imbedded in the rules-tabel which would be generated from the user-interface (that’s the more difficult part, but that’s doable).

Last but not least: The Goal tabel.
Here comes all the results-rows generated from the rule sequel statement.
These results can then be used as new thoughts. (is_married -> thought married, is_bicycle -> thought bicycle)

On this way you’r just develop a self-learning a.i. system !.

2°) The use of Meta-data from media objects.
When media like foto’s, video’s, 3d-grafics, sound have meta-data included it would be nice
to use the meta-data as relational objects.

3°) A little but useful thing: ad a home icon to the Stock Icons.

Thanks for your time and please give me respons.
Have a nice day!
Gerard Coppejans

Gerard.Coppejans@telenet.be

gery51
Hello guys,
Here is a software to generate the RULES sql-statements from a query dialog. This dialog could be a frame in the notes screen.
It's made in c#.
https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/13419/SelectQueryBuilder-Building-complex-and-flexible-S

Gerard Coppejans 
mcaton
Gerard,

Thank you for posting.  As mentioned in your previous post, Link Types to actually exist.  You can see a quick video on using Link Types at http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/types-and-tags/link-types/ .

I'll be sure to share your other thoughts on AI with the rest of the team.  And can you give us an example of a file with Meta Data and how you would like it to be preserved in TheBrain?

Also, you can find a nice Home button in the Buildings category of our Icon Library.

Thank you,
Matt
gery51
Hi Matt,

The best way to show you the possibilities of Meta Data is to follow this link:
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/ by Phil Harvey.
This Meta Data lets you send keywords with there content baked within the foto, video, sound, 3d, pdf 
Whatever file you are using.

To program this features in c#, there is a MetaData extractor software wrapping Phil's exiftools:
https://github.com/drewnoakes/metadata-extractor-dotnet

Like i said before i am trying to make a program to help identifying and catalogue plankton.

The metadata in the foto or video will help me to use new keywords to define several features to which a particular type of
plankton has to respond. They could the be automatically generated arond the media thought.

From there on i could use a.i. to help defining the right plankton type.

This working mode enables to find easily the needed keywords within the media itself !

So when you are sending an jpeg to a collegue every data needed is imbedded in the media file itself.

One question Matt, I defenitively want to buy TheBrain pro but only the 9 version (no javascript and much faster). My trial version has expired.
Could you please sent me a test trial serial so i can further testing the software.

Further i would strongly pleade for the use of javascript or Python scripting languages  to make theBrain extendable.

I am making a photo with user defined keywords and you will be able to view them with the metadata extension of chroom.

Thanks for listening.

Gerard Coppejans 
gery51
Hi Matt
I made a new topic using metadata to differentiate the two topics Artificial Intelligenge and Metadata 
See you 
mcaton
Thanks Gerard,

Will follow up on the Metadata idea there...

Thanks,
Matt
gery51
1°) SQL in XML support

Here is a lib which make it possible to write sql sentences in XML

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/11178/Writing-SQL-queries-in-XML-A-support-intensive-app

2°) Is it possible to make 2-way link-types ?

With regards,
Gerard
mcaton
Gerard,

Thanks for sharing, I'll take a look and document the request. Also, the 2-way link types is an interesting idea that does not currently exist and might be difficult to display depending on how TheBrain is displaying your two thoughts (active/jump, active/child, parent/active, etc.)  Any further details on how you envision this feature to work/display?

Thanks,
Matt
gery51
Hello Matt,

1°) 2-way link types
A double arrow spaced a little bit seems a solution.
A single arrow with 2 tips will suffice in some examples (_is_married_with)

2°) AI
Here is a little example for displaying and making AI working.

Example AI 2017-02-22.brz

3°) could you please prolonge my trial for a few months so i can test in the full
version. I will surely buy your tremendous good software when i found sponsoring. 
gery51
Hello Matt, i'm back here is a better example : Example AI 2017-02-22.brz
Thanks !
Gerard
mcaton
Gerard,

If you are planning to deliver a .brz file for review, please upload to http://www.hightail.com/u/TheBrain . You can reference this forum thread (8338932). Just post again when TheBrain is uploaded. I'll be on the lookout.

Also, thank you for inquiring, for your interest and for your on going support, but we cannot prolong v9 trials at this time.

Thank you,
Matt
gery51
Hey, Matt

In the XML-SQL command you could made the difference from the kind of link you add with the append and/or insert command with the wanted label preceded by a "+" for a parent , "-" for a child and "=" for a jump link. 
Regards,
Gerard
mcaton
Thanks Gerard,

Brain received and we'll take a closer look.

Matt
gery51
Hello Matt, 
Very good explanation of the many features of the brain 8 in your webinar STOP SEARCHING. START FINDING using your Brain For File Management. Are all this possibilities allready implemented in TheBrain 9 ?
Gerard 
gery51
Which kind of database is TB9 use ? sqllite or spmething else ?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software