systemswiki
I have one brain that seems to backup ok. The 2nd one I tried to backup seems to say it did the backup and is now is cleaning up temporary files seemingly forever. It doesn't create a .brz file.

Using 10.0.23 on Windows 10

Any ideas?
mcaton
First, 10.0.25 is our current release version.  You can/should upgrade, but there's nothing that I know of that should be effecting this specific process.  Is it a large Brain with many large attachments?  If it has not produced an error, I would recommend to let the process keep running.  

Thank you,
Matt
systemswiki
Matt I've been trying to upgrade for 3cdays and it never finishes.
systemswiki
Matt, I had to manually upgrade to 10.0.25 as it continued to hang trying to do it automagically.

I have 3 brains, 2 of which seem to backup fine. The 3rd one gets to "cleaning up temporary files" and hangs and never creates a .brz file. It did this with 10.0.23 and still does it with 10.0.25.
systemswiki
Matt, I solved the backup problem. The name of my brain is And? and it seems that the "?" was causing the problem. After selecting Backup to brain archive and then removing the "?" from the file name the backup didn't hang.
mcaton
Good to know.  Yes, I can see how a "?" in a file name could cause some issues.  Thanks for the follow up.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software