Harlan Show full post »
pthompson
Coming very soon LuizAlfredo. Stay tuned. We will be sure to share info when it is ready.
HeinrichUnger
I assume there will be first a long beta phase - so very soon is next summer?

BR
Heinrich
pthompson
I can't say how long it will be because we don't know, but yes, alpha testing will be coming first; Before next Summer...
HeinrichUnger
Hi Patrick,

if you don´t have a plan I admire your actions to start a campaign for new customers end of November with the benefit of gaining the next release. And I am very astonished about Harlan twittering the brain V9 will be coming soon, and it will be a very exhausting month.

But I definitely like, yes, love thebrain.

Merry Christmas - this date is really coming soon. [biggrin]

p.S: Sorry for sarcasm - but you give contradictory signs

pthompson
Heinrich,

My answer was in regards to how long our beta (alpha) release will be, which is what you asked; And that I do not know. We do have plans to fully release TheBrain 9 soon. The date has not been determined because we have not even begun testing publicly. Once we have a grasp on the result of alpha/beta testing, we will most likely be able to determine a release date. 
HeinrichUnger
Patrick,

my fault - I did not clearly define what I mean with " assume there will be first a long beta phase - so very soon is next summer?". I assumed that it is clear that a mean that you will soon (in the next few month) start public testing, and then that will be a suitable time consuming phase. This leads to a release date in summer next year.

A long testing phase is not evil, if it is necessary, then it is at is. Or as the agile people say "It is finished, when it is finished". 

My estimation:
A full release of V9 is not possible before the end of a successful public testing phase. So I estimate at least 4 (best case) up to 16 (worst case) weeks for this phase. Realistic is a test begin after the christmas holidays (cause of availability of core resources)  - approximatly 10th of januray. So a release will be first week of february best case or first week of may in worst case. (not so far away from summer? [smile])

And please excuse, neither  february and nore june is in for me in a time frame "soon". Please apologize again, my impatience, and my sense of time, which obviously differ a little bit (*smile) from sense of time of the company "thebrain". 

My stakeholders in projects would not accept a guess or answer "soon". This again is fault of my environement - not yours.

Nevertheless I wish you and your collegues at thebrain long and restorative chrismas holidays which would start tomorrow (if I am a decisionmaker inside thebrain company) and last until 5th of january. And then I am sure you will do the best "brain" ever. (Releasedate somtime 2016)

BR
Heinrich
advisors

The time has arrived! TheBrain 9 Preview is here first for forum members. Check out the video, read about the new features, and most importantly try it out for yourself!

http://www.thebrain.com/products/thebrain/thebrain9

Note: You must have an active services subscription to use TheBrain 9 First Look Preview.

The whole team is looking forward to your feedback. Enjoy!

HeinrichUnger
Hi Harlan

this is soon but now 17:17 it is possible to download, but it does not work - please see the other threads

Thx
Cerebrum
Webbrain has been down for several hours.
I can't login which means I can't run TheBrain 9.

Edited: Working now.
Brigitte

Thank you for contacting us. The issue has been resolved. Webrain.com is up an running again and you should now be able to log into TheBrain Cloud.

Please feel free to contact us again should you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Brigitte

Harlan
Please follow up with any further discussion of TheBrain 9 inTheBrain 9 Preview Forum. Thanks!
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software