Harlan
Please update to the latest version to take advantage of major upgrades to the inbox, including support for PDFs and other files. 🙏

See the details here.
Regards,
-Harlan
andreas
Wonderful, thanks a lot for this upgrade!!!
Cheers, Andreas 
Cerebrum
Nice! ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸â€˜Â

My favorite new feature is the ability to create a thought from an Inbox attachment. This will save quite a bit of time when creating thoughts with URL links after browsing several websites. 

But, it's not intuitive to have to click on the attachment icon (which is linked to the current thought) to add a new thought. I'm not adding an attachment to the current thought.

Seems to me that the Inbox should be accessible through a separate icon in the toolbar.
Also, tapping and holding the "+" icon could bring up the option to create a thought from the Inbox.

Thanks.
Harlan
Good suggestion Cerebrum. We will improve this in a future release. 
Regards,
-Harlan
GaryW
I may have an isolated case in v9.1.2 but when I click on a file in Open Inbox, the file won’t attach to the thought. I have Sean working on it through a TB support request.
We see the world not as it is but as we are.
zenrain
Awesome. These additions will really help. Thanks so much!
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
korm
Quote:
The new iOS version is out now on the App Store. Features include:
  • Support for adding PDFs and other file types to TheBrain's inbox

I give, how does this work with v9.1.2 on iOS 11.4.1?   I've tried

1. Create a PDF in iOS's print dialog (choose Print then pinch out from the print dialog to create the pdf) and choose Share > Add to TheBrain
  2. Select a PDF in iOS File's app and choose Share > Add to TheBrain
  3. Select a PDF in the Documents app and choose Share > Add to TheBrain
  4. Select a PDF in the 
DEVONthink to Go app and choose Share > Add to TheBrain

... in all these cases, nothing happens.   No dialog opens from TheBrain.   The Inbox in TheBrain contains no attachments.

Sorry to be so dense.   The lack of a Help file really hinders understanding, but a bit more clarity in the release notes (i.e., "how to") would help also.   I assume the feature works?
d_or2000
Sorry for my ignorance, but I just started to use the iOS version and I can't see how the Inbox works. In older versions there was a bookmarklet. I can't find how to install one. Or is there a share sheet (doesn't show). Thx!
shatcher
In Safari (or most other apps), you should be able to click on Share > More (in the 2nd row) > Add to Brain then you will be able to share to TheBrain. This only needs to be done one time to enable sharing. Next time you tap share, TheBrain should be an option.

If you run into an app that won't let you share to TheBrain, please send an email to support@thebrain.com and let us know the name of the app and the file type you were attempting to share.
korm
shatcher wrote:
In Safari (or most other apps), you should be able to click on Share > More (in the 2nd row) > Add to Brain then you will be able to share to TheBrain. This only needs to be done one time to enable sharing. Next time you tap share, TheBrain should be an option.

If you run into an app that won't let you share to TheBrain, please send an email to support@thebrain.com and let us know the name of the app and the file type you were attempting to share.

Please see the list (items 1 to 4) in my original post.  It is not possible to share a PDF to TheBrain using "Add to TheBrain" from any of those apps.

(BTW, the extension is "Add to TheBrain" not "Add to Brain")
Harlan
It should be working as Sean described. Are you sure you’ve installed the latest version? When you tap it nothing happens?

Please try restarting your device (hard restart by shutting down and rebooting). 

If that fails, you could also try reinstalling the app. Make sure you have all the local data synced first, then delete the app and reinstall from the App Store.
Regards,
-Harlan
korm
Harlan wrote:
It should be working as Sean described. Are you sure you’ve installed the latest version? When you tap it nothing happens?

Please try restarting your device (hard restart by shutting down and rebooting). 

If that fails, you could also try reinstalling the app. Make sure you have all the local data synced first, then delete the app and reinstall from the App Store.

I have repeatedly, for 5 days, on two different iPad Pro devices, the most current devices offered for sale by Apple, with the most current non-beta release of iOS, each running TheBrain 9.1.2.1 and iOS 11.4.1, attempted all of the steps you and your staff have recommended.   Install, reboot, uninstall, reboot, reboot, install, reboot, uninstall, reboot, install, etc. etc.  All combinations of the above.   In good faith, I have tried everything.

The feature described in the release notes ("Support for adding PDFs and other file types to the TheBrain's inbox") simply does not work.   Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_E1610EFF3696-1.jpeg, Views: 51, Size: 166.21 KB
Harlan
And here is the missing ingredient:

korm wrote:

...on two different iPad Pro devices...

Apparently that is the problem... I just tried on my iPad Pro and adding a PDF does not work for some reason. In fact, after testing on many devices, it seems that PDF sharing works on every device except the iPad Pros (10.5" and 12.9" versions). Now that we have managed to identify and reproduce the problem, we will be able to fix it...
Regards,
-Harlan
korm
Thank you.

I assume when I download commercial software built for an OS (e.g., iOS) that the software has been tested on the devices that use that OS.
Harlan
Yes, it would be great if it was possible for us to test every possible function on every device.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software