nicobi
So finally the iOS-Version has arrived. Of course, good work.

But not including local sync capabilities is just a no go. Therefore I would like to ask if there is a plan to include local sync within some timeframe.

Thanks for attention.
pthompson
nicobi,

Yes, we do have plans for local storage in the future but we do not have any ETA on this.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
zenrain
Good to hear Patrick, I'd like this also.
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.207
sbuchta
+1 Local storage is critical. I work in IT, and for much of my critical information I do not trust any kind of web storage or transmission, especially in the age of Snowden. A personal device like iPad contains by nature more private information, and I don't want to have to worry about any of this going over the net (even encrypted). And, my employer is also starting to see things this way (regardless of all the hype around cloud)
FransJehoul
Good morning,

Is the brain database on the Ipad and later on android  local of has it to be on the web?
I'm waiting for the android version of personalbrain and have bought a galaxy pro 12.2
for running personalbrain.

Regards,

Frans

Brigitte
We do have plans for local storage in the future but we do not have any ETA on this. Our Android app is still in development, but will be ready for beta testing soon. We'll make an announcement about the beta here once it's ready. 

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies  
nicobi
Patrick, Brigitte,

good to hear (or better read) that it is at least on the to do list. Step by step better than rushing out with non finished solutions.

I am staying tuned…

Regards

nico
yuryg
Unfortunately currently if I have to use your service it is pretty useful. No matter how good your security is when it comes to myBrain (and all the important notes, etc) I just can not trust the Web.

Please do not tell me that your web services are secure, as openssl bug almost a year ago that has been around for 5 years, plus the bash vulnerabilities (that have just been fixed after 5 tries).

I do not mind running a local web sync (iTunes) or using SSH.
pthompson
yuryg,

We do plan on adding offline functionality in the future. You can find TheBrain Cloud Services Access Control and Security documentation HERE.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
RBrubaker
Regardless of the security aspects of the cloud, there are notes, concepts and other data that require an "air gap" from all things connected. I have no doubt that the cloud, despite security measures can be compromised by a skilled and determined adversary. The only defense is "keep it local".
yuryg
RBrubaker wrote: Regardless of the security aspects of the cloud, there are notes, concepts and other data that require an "air gap" from all things connected. I have no doubt that the cloud, despite security measures can be compromised by a skilled and determined adversary. The only defense is "keep it local".

RBrubaker, I am paranoid about security because that is what I do (both in professional, and  open source - I am one of the security people for a linux distribution).  I can tell you that the only secure system, is the one that is not connected to a network. Everything else can be hacked.

If there is a vulnerability it takes from 1 to 30 days to release an update by any Linux distribution. Then it takes 1 to 4 weeks for an administrator to patch it. Which means anywhere from 1-5 weeks the data, with all the important notes is accessible by potential hackers who are aware of the vulnerability.
nicobi
Hi.

I would like to add that the topic has to be more precisely differentiated as "copying" and true "syncing" of a database are different tasks:

1. Local copying/transfering of a brain-database (which is not syncing)

That means back and forth between PC/NAS/private cloud services like Pydio and mobile device

2. Syncing between any local storage (PC, NAS, Cloudservice like Pydio, private server, WebDAV, etc) and mobile device (iOS = coredata)

I hope this helps.

Thanks for listening.
pthompson
nicobi,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
yuryg
With the iPad pro coming out, and all the new features it will make the iPad even more of a business tool. (The large screen if nothing else).

Any chance there is movement on being able to use a local copy of the brain on the iPad?

pthompson
yuryg,

That is a great question and I do know that we are working on some updates to allow usage of TheBrain without a network connection. We don't have an ETA on this at the moment, however.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software