leslieviljoen
Hi!

I'm trying to run TheBrain on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS with Java version "1.8.0_45". The program seems to not respond to clicks, or it responds for a short time before freezing. I can resize windows but they don't redraw.

I've tried with Java 7 and it does exactly the same thing. Is there anything I can try to help debug the issue?

Les
pthompson
Les,

Was TheBrain working fine on this machine prior to this? If so, what did you change since that time? Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
leslieviljoen
No, this is the first time I'm trying it, so I've never seen it work properly.

It seems to freeze at various points soon after starting. One thing that will get it to freeze immediately without fail is to add a child - when the dialog comes up to ask for the name it freezes right away.

I've recorded a 20MB video of it happening and also have the logs - should I upload these for you?
Is it ok to publically post the log file? It has a guid in it, associated with me.
pthompson
Les,

Yes, please send your findings and logs to support@thebrain.com. Thanks.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
leslieviljoen
Ok, done. Thanks Patrick.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software