gery51

Hi Brain-team and Harlan,

A new feature would make the brain very useful and convenient is the instauration of a image mapper system. Like people says “one image is a thousand of thoughts", the image mapper could divide an image in clickable transparent, colored area’s (circle, rectangle, polygons). the click should trigger an external url or an internal adres uuid from a thought or one of it’s attributes (see make thebrain full oo).
Also arrows could be used with the name of the label or url linked to theire tails.

This function could be implemented in the notes editor.

The image could also be placed as the thought-Icon.

Here is a video for more explanation :

Html Code: https://www.carlosag.net/tools/XMap/

What do you think ?

Kind regards,

Gerard

Harlan
If you want to do something like this you can already do so by attaching a web page as an internal file with the image map inside of it. If you set brain:// (Edit > Copy Local Thought URL) links as the destination, clicking them will change the active thought.
Regards,
-Harlan
gery51
The icon doen't accept pdf-files as capture !
And pdf format is the easiest way to integrate websites or internal url to it

Regards, 
Gerard
Harlan
You would have to attach a web page to the thought, not as an icon. 
Regards,
-Harlan
ebuise
Harlan, this is a thought or idea from Gerard with a lot of potential. Also for EKP users!

This could extend e.g. the knowledge management, process management or whatever management or governance capabilities of TheBrain with a complete new and complementary hyper dimension. 

The idea of implementing it via this kind of image mapper solution is one possibility. Another one is possibly via using .SVG files or Visio files. Images versus diagrams or vector files.

Would you please consider this conceptual path?!
I could tell you something about a unique professional_knowledge management system we are using and bringing to the next maturity level in a complex military organisation. There are interesting similarities and differences with TheBrain. Hm, what if...we could combine them...

Ernest
gery51
Yes, Ernest we could even add a forth dimension (time-space) to the process with layered images, every layer could represent a moment of time and so we can manage the evolution of events.

I don't know if you already visit my demo-brain about knowledge but it's very intresting ! here is the link:  https://bra.in/9joY5p  

Thanks,
Gerard

gery51
IMAGE MAPPING

Hello every one,

I have tested the possibility to use image mapping imbedded in TheBrain.

I succeed to do it with the help of the Draw module of OpenOffice.

The following test will be in a full Html module,  so that everything could work from the

imbedded web-browser inclusive the WebClient.

Hereby a Brain zip file. The web client version doesn’t work due to already knowed problems

with the web client code.

Kind regards,

Gerard

gery51
IMAGE MAPPING

You wil need this OpenOffice Png file and make a draw file with the url's on your localmachine

Gerard Click image for larger version - Name: Beesje6.png, Views: 23, Size: 198.81 KB
gery51
The Latest Brainzip

Gerard
gery51
Sorry some more information included in this brainzip

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software