mdcjsps
I'm thinking of upgrading the last version 7 (for Linux) to the latest theBrain Version 8.
I'm running an Ubuntu 15.10 linux box.

Does anyone have experience with version 8 on linux?
Do we know what features are NOT working on version 8.
(For example, drag and drop did not work on version 7 using native ubuntu file manager Nautilus; also google calendar sync did not work on version 7).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Marc
pthompson
Marc,

There are no major underlying architectural differences between TheBrain 7 and TheBrain 8 so you should not have any issues upgrading.
mdcjsps
pthompson wrote: Marc,

There are no major underlying architectural differences between TheBrain 7 and TheBrain 8 so you should not have any issues upgrading.
Marc
mdcjsps
Thanks Patrick for responding to my query.

My question was somewhat specific.  Are there features that are NOT working in theBrain 8 on a Linux machine. 

Specifically,
1) does Google Calendar sync work.  It did not in theBrain 7.  Not have theBrain on a windows machine, I don't know if this feature worked there or not.
2) Drag and Drop from Nautilus

Thanks

Marc
pthompson
Google Calendar sync should be working to sync from TheBrain Calendar to Google Calendar. Syncing is not two-ways (this is intentional).

I cannot answer whether or not drag and drop from Nautilus will work. Usually, issues with drag and drop are usually related to issues with Java, however.
mdcjsps
Great to hear.  That's the direction I would be most interested in TheBrain => Google Calendar.

Thanks.
Marc

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software