ascetic
in version 8 brain, I have 46 thousand thoughts and 20 thousand external attachments link-thoughts. I have used many version9 beta (include latest) to convert v8 brain into v9, two methods have all tryed (.brainzip and brain original folder).
it still have very serious problems. here is what it's like when use latest v9 beta to convert brain original folder into v9 brain.

newscreen2744781.jpg 
the v9-convert-version emerge a thought named 'Orphaned Attachments' linked with my central thought which contains 500+ broken external attachments thoughts (all my linked folders or files are not be moved or renamed by me) 
and i open the report to see the orphan thoughts , it shows 752 orphan thoughts ,which contain not only those external attachments link-thoughts but also have many normal thoughts become orphaned.
and another tiny issue:  icons of many well converted external link-thoughts are not display properly ,they all shows a blank white block.
i would like to convert my v8 brain into v9 version , but i dare not. please fix this issue , all the issues detail I have told clearly enough I think, and there is no need to send you my brain files, cause it's privately.
thx!
Harlan
Hello,

The list of orphaned attachments that are present when you import into v9 represent files that were not connected to anything in v8. V9 performs the recovery of this data as part of the import process. This is not a bug in V9. If you do not wish to examine that list of files, you can delete them as they were previously not accessible from V8 anyhow.

As for the orphan thought report, we need more detail in order to find the cause of the difference. Please try taking a look at the individual thoughts in the report, activating them side by side in V8 and V9 so we can see what has happened.

It is possible there is something unique about your Brain since we have not had any other similar issues.

I understand that you may be reluctant to share your brain, however unfortunately it is impossible for us to fix issues unless we can reproduce them. Should you change your mind, you can send us a zip of your V8 "_brain" folder via  https://hightail.com/u/thebrain. All data received is treated confidentially and is deleted once the problem has been solved.
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
Thank you very much, ascetic, for alerting us to these mega-brain import issues.

Have you been able to determine if any of your note contents have also been lost?
ascetic
thanks Harlan, for your quick replay.
Please trust my describe. 
orphaned attachments in the list is fine and linked files very properly in version 8 .
normal thoughts that become orphaned ,which are all fine in version 8 .
and the only one thing I am not very sure is I am not a unique case. Miss Metta also has same problem. Well, I can not list another people who have same issue, cause I am the only person who use thebrain around my relationship. but I think I am not the lucky one.
I think you can simulate a similar version 8 brain. about 40 thousand thought include more than 20 thousand external attachments linked. can you try it ?
ascetic
Hello metta , nice to see you again.
That's fine.
Yes, I also have the same problem.and it has some note keywords become single thoughts.
metta
Good to see you again, too, Ascetic. :-)

I do, however, need to clarify one point. You wrote: "Miss Metta also has same problem"
-- Actually, I have not yet attempted to migrate my mega-brain into TB9. (I'm still dealing with challenges using TB9 on a daily basis, so I've not attempted to move any important data into TB9.)

I'm also curious about your experience with imported notes in TB9. Specifically, I'm not exactly sure what this comment meant:
-- "it has some note keywords become single thoughts".

Could you please clarify?
ascetic
Hi Metta
apology for my misunderstanding , last time you message me that said you not attempted to import anything into TB9 for the problems of v8 convert to v9,cause you also have a mega scale brain. I considered you have tryed and meet the same problem. My apologize .
that comment means: words in note become thoughts when convert into v9
metta
No problem at all, Ascetic. I have just not attempted my mega-brain import as long as import issues are still being reported.

Thank you also, Ascetic, for clarifying the strange issue with words in notes becoming thoughts when importing into V9.
mcaton
Ascetic,

Would you be willing to share a Brain, as Harlan suggested, that we could use to test this issue of the orphan thoughts?  You can upload a v8 .brainzip to http://www.hightail.com/u/TheBrain .  It's a secure upload and file size is not a problem.

Yes, we can easily generate a 40,000 Thought Test Brain, but it would be sterile, imported data - not data that was manually input over time and "out in the wild."  We could also easily miss a small setting, attachment, special character, note format, etc. that is causing this issue on your end.

Thank you,
Matt
ascetic
Mcaton
Apologize for I can not do it as you wish, my mega brain is private.
hope you all can simulate a similar brain to test this issue and fix it. I think there is a key point is :the brain you simulate should include large numbers of external attachments links thoughts.
hope it will be resolve perfectly soon.
thx you all.
ascetic
And I will test this issue again and again ,as you release other new version,and give you all feedback, with my positive attitude.
this is all I can do for you , for us.
mcaton
Ascetic,

Can we set up a web meeting together and review further?  I'll have some of my engineering team join in as well.  I'll contact you directly to see if/when you may be available. 

Thank you!
Matt
ascetic
Matt,
I have received your email 2 days ago, and have given you a reply few hours later. 
I haven't received your meeting confirm or a new reply yet. Are you received my reply ? or just want to contact few days later ?
thx
mcaton
Ascetic,

Sorry for the delay and thank you for posting here.  I found your emails in my spam directory... not sure why they were detected that way.  I'll follow up with you from email to arrange the meeting.

Thank you,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software