gsalay
This is probably old news to most of you, but it's a bit disheartening to me, considering the accumulated time spent building my v8 brain:

Upon migration my v9 brain lost
- all thought type icons
- formatting/highlighting in notes
- all links to folders
- ability to paste a section of Excel spreadsheet
- spaces (v8's weird xA0 spaces were removed, and not replaced with x20s).
- control of expanded view
- speed
Spacenexus
Can you elaborate on `speed`. What do you notice precisely?

thanks

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
gsalay
There is often a 1-2 second delay when I click a node before it responds  and moves the plex.    Speed is acceptable only at fastest level of animation.       During a cpu-busy period when my laptop was (apparently) receiving virus updates I had both v8 and v9 open and v8 was much less affected.
Brain v 9.0.226.0
Lenovo W540 i7-4800MQ 2.7GHz, 12MB RAM 64bit
Harlan
Hi Gene,

Something is definitely going wrong on your import. Please contact support@thebrain.com so we can help you with these problems directly.

Specifically:

Thought type icons should not be affected at all.

Links to folders should not be affected at all.

As for notes (and spaces I assume), V9's notes are different so it is possible that there could be changes. If you could share specific examples that would be helpful to troubleshoot. Perhaps you could send us a small .brainzip from version 8 that includes some of the problems you are seeing.

V9 is generally much faster than V8 however since it is different it reacts differently to load on your machine. V9 is more dependent on fast disk IO - if you have a slow HD it will affect V9 more than V8.
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
Harlan wrote:
V9 is more dependent on fast disk IO - if you have a slow HD it will affect V9 more than V8.
This is one more concern for me about TB9 since it limits the optimal performance of TB9 to all but those with the newest (fastest) machines.

Also suggests (to me) that TB8 is still going to be the more reliable of the 2 applications for the average user with an average machine.
metta
@gsalay ~

Please keep us posted on when/how this migration (import) issue is eventually resolved....Thanks!

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software