mctrexler
I'm having trouble figuring out a pattern in terms of getting thought icons (captured screen shots) to pop up reliably. Sometimes I can get the image to pop up by pressing on it, but usually not.  And a lot of them don't show up as "paperclip" attachments so there's no way to see them there.

Any guidance?

Mark  
COMPUTERHLP

Are you experiencing this in TB desktop client or web client or both?
I've observed this erratic behavior in the web client.  It seems that sometimes the Thought icon may display to full scale upon hover, (but more often not, or only as a thumbnail, even if repeated attempts), and if one full scale display is successful, then not again for the web session, even after repeated attempts.  I rely on this feature in my WebBrain for 'at-a-glance' view of place features,  but this inconsistent behavior impedes content delivery/usability.  I've found no resolution yet.  Anyone else?
Hello TB team - any feedback about this matter?  Thank you.

COMPUTER.HLP
mctrexler
I had forgotten about the problem with Web Client, and will have to look again.  I was referring specifically to the iOS app.  If it doesn't work in the Web Client that's a real problem. 
metta
In this forum post, I recently documented 3 different bugs related to thought icons in the web client, along with another different image attachment bug.

Examples of all 4 bugs are provided here (see each of the 3 child thoughts).
shatcher
Mark, I have documented the request to have the images that you've added as icons be zoomable on iOS.

These images should zoom on the web client when hovering over them with a mouse. The inconsistent behavior does make it harder to diagnose, but we are looking for the issue that may be causing this.

Metta, I've responded on the thread you linked in order to not derail this thread.
mctrexler
Sean, the thing is that in some cases I have successfully gotten images to zoom in iOS.  It's just intermittent.  It sounds from your post that zooming is not the "expected" behavior, and that now it's a documented feature request.  So the question is, what can we do now to make sure that the images are visible?  What if I replace the "thought icons" with "attachments."  In the iOS app would that guarantee that they become visible through the attachment indicator?  

Mark

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software