BrentK
It's my understanding that Thought Types should never appear unless the user specifically displays one.  However I have Thought Types appearing somewhat intermittently in my Plex.  I didn't want to report this as an intermittent issue, so I waited until I found a way to consistenly recreate the issue.  The following two items explain how I recreated it, and the attached image shows the results that were displayed in my plex.

1. Type a Thought Type's name into the instant activation box (I think that's what it's called), and then select it.  [The name I selected was Book:Unread.]
2. After the Book:Unread thought was displayed, I selected one of the authors (Marc Cameron).  [Each author has a type associated with it called Book:Author.]  The attached image shows what appeared on my plex.  A red arrow points to each Thought Type that was displayed.

Brent

Click image for larger version - Name: PB_ThoughtTypes.png, Views: 89, Size: 50.28 KB
BrentK
Just wondering whether this has been reviewed yet, and whether I've provided enough info.

Brent

jbennett
Brent, 

It looks like you may be in expanded view.  If this is the case, then your experience is normal.  In expanded view, if you begin with a thought type located via instant activation and then click one of the thoughts associated with that type, the thought type will display with a broken border.  If this is not the expanded view, please let us know.

James
BrentK
James, I use 'Normal' view, as shown in this image.

Brent
Click image for larger version - Name: ViewSelections.png, Views: 71, Size: 12.21 KB
jbennett
Brent, 

I'm still unable to recreate this in normal view.  Please let me know if you would be interested in scheduling a web meeting, so I can see your screen while you recreate the issue.  If you are interested, you can email support@thebrain.com and include a phone number where I can reach you and a good time for me to call.

James
BrentK
I have an update for this issue, which does still exist in 7.0.3.7.  I've discovered that this issue occurs (for me) only when the Thought Type has an icon image. 

I hope that this new information helps you to locate the cause.

Brent

mcaton
Brent,

I was about to check in with you and let you know that we did further testing and we were not able to replicate... but on my final test - I have thought types appearing that shouldn't be there.  Not sure how I did it yet, and icons don't seem to be a factor for me, but we've replicated this issue non the less.  Thank you, we'll inform our engineers for further review.

Matt
BrentK
Matt, thank you for hanging in there and replicating this intermittent issue!

Brent

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software