JohnMR
Hi.

Does anyone know how I can prevent the PB Tools from returning to their default position at the bottom of the screen?

My preference is for Tools on the right, but whenever I close my Brain and open it again, they're back at the bottom.

Frustrating and - literally - a drag!
dyslucksia
Hi John

See if this thread helps you.

Since I posted those pics, I have stopped using Advanced Tools Layout, and now just keep Reports on the left of the plex and all other tools on the right (both docked against it). A lot simpler, thought dragging them into position works exactly the same as in the pics.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
JohnMR
Thanks for that, Dyslucksia.

Fascinating post, but I can't find anything in it that tells me how to stop the Tools doing their annoying dive for home whenever I close PB.

Any other thoughts?
dyslucksia
Quote: I can't find anything in it that tells me how to stop the Tools doing their annoying dive for home whenever I close PB

This doesn't happen to me now on Windows XP, although it did a couple of times in earlier beta versions. In the end, I reinstalled PB and all was well. What's your OS?

One way to test if your layout is stable is to double-click twice in the Plex (the first to hide the Tools, the second to restore them). If they maintain their layout, it should be stable after closing and reopening PB.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
JohnMR
My OS is Vista, Dyslucksia.

The tools stay put along the right-hand-edge when I double-click twice (which I do frequently). As long as I don't close my brain, the layout is stable. But if I do close it and restart, they're always back at the bottom of the screen.

I'll try a re-installation and see if that helps.
zenrain
This occurs for me also. I eventually gave up trying to put the P&A window on top.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
JohnMR
Re-installation didn't fix it, I'm sorry to say.
nw
5.5 release version on Vista.

I have been having this problem also.

Last night I spent some time get my tool positions arranged and after reading this thread even quit PB and restarted PB a couple of times to check everything was OK.

Started up my computer & PB again today & tools have reverted to default positions.

Just did a few experiments and discovered that tools stay where they should between quit/restart if tools are shown. However, if I double click the plex to hide the tools and then quit PB, when I restart PB, the tools go back to the default layout at the bottom of the plex.

Hope this help the PB team sort this out.
JohnMR
Excellent!

Just tried closing PB with tools visible, and yes - they remain where they should be when PB is re-launched.

Thanks so much, NW. That solves my problem!

Many thanks.
danlandrum
I just did a test and my custom tool positions are sticking correctly after double clicking and restarting. 5.5.9
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software