zenrain
After the WebBrain update, when you touch and hold a thought, it pulls up a magnifying glass and the thought text is selected. 
The circle that progresses around the thought when you touch and hold never completes, so there is no way to access the thought menu.
macOS 10.12.4
TheBrain 9.0.162
zenrain
Update, it is now no longer showing the magnifying glass. However, once the circle does complete, no options appear.
Also, on searches the search results show at the bottom of the notes screen.
macOS 10.12.4
TheBrain 9.0.162
pthompson
zenrain,

Thank you for letting us know. I will make sure our engineers are made aware of this.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
zenrain
Just an update, the search result seem to be better now and usually show above the search box. Search results also appear below the new thought creation box.

I've found that the new thought creation box often appears 1/2 off screen when you drag a link, so you have to be extremely careful where you drag your finger (for other iOS WebBrain users there is now new functionality, if you drag from a thought pin it will prompt to create a thought on iOS). It would be nice if the box was forced to appear in the plex area.

Also, the press and hold circle functionality still doesn't appear to work.
macOS 10.12.4
TheBrain 9.0.162
jengagne
I'm returning to TheBrain after a long absence, thinking of upgrading. I can't seem to get the linking function to pop up at all now in iOS, unless I'm doing it wrong. Could it be that this has actually been broken for most of the year?
jengagne
Okay, never mind that... Like others, I've found a browser that works on both iPad and iPhone: Dolphin.

It wasn't working with press and hold earlier, but then I finally realized the normal drag behavior worked! Derp.

(By the way, if you're an Evernote fan? Dolphin's "share" function clips the selection or the whole page into Evernote. It's nice.)
jengagne
Sorry for multi follow-ups -- I figured it may help others, even those who are using other browsers.

What has worked for me is making sure that when you drag the little dot away from the original thought, you drag off to the side and not up-and-down. That way it doesn't just scroll. When it starts showing the line, you can always move it up or down after that so that the resulting little window is fully on screen.
jackperdue
This has probably been said already many time but I feel I need to state it again, there is no better mind map program than TheBrain and I've used many. That said, I need (insist) on access to my most critical data on ALL my platforms which includes iOS. I have already begun capturing much of my info into other iOS mind map apps, e.g. iThoughtsHD and now they have released a OSX version. It is good, but what I want most is an iOS version of TheBrain. Please, before I get too much further down the other iOS path and away from TheBrain. And I will not upgrade to TB v8 until then. Thanks!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software