since the data retrieval with Evernote from webpages and mobile pictures is very good, I'm at first putting everything I read into Evernote and then transfer it to TheBrain.
I automated this workflow with AutoHotkey to transfer the contents of the Evernote-note to TheBrain even with attachments and a backlink to the note and wanted to share the script.
Here is the current feature list:
- Start TheBrain, Hotkey: WIN+b
- Start Evernote, Hotkey: WIN+CTRL+e;
- Everywhere: Create New TheBrain Child from selected Text, Hotkey: WIN+v
- Everywhere: show main setup parameters for debugging, Hotkey: WIN+SHIFT+d
- TheBrain: Swap Link-Type in TheBrain by selecting with left mouse button and Hotkey: CTRL+SHIFT+s, if it does not work, replace brain_arrowright.png with screenshot of the same size from you PC
- Evernote: Send Note to Notebook Zettelkasten, Hotkey: CTRL+SHIFT+z
- Evernote: Tag note aus "@brain", Type #b
- Evernote: Tag note aus "@anki", Type #a
- Evernote: Creates new child thought in the brain from text selection and links to Evernote-note, Hotkey: WIN+CTRL+b
- Evernote: Creates new child thought in the brain from text selection (e.g. title) with link to evernote-note, copies notes including file attachments, file attachments such as pdf, images, etc. are ONLY TRANSFERRED when at least a space or newline exists in the note, Hotkey: WIN+CTRL+v
How to setup the script for your computer is written in the TheBrain.ahk script file.
To use it, you need Autohotkey_H V1.1 from http://www.autohotkey.net/~HotKeyIt/AutoHotkey.zip in unicode version (Win32w folder in zip file).