a_d
HI,

since the data retrieval with Evernote from webpages and mobile pictures is very good, I'm at first putting everything I read into Evernote and then transfer it to TheBrain.

I automated this workflow with AutoHotkey to transfer the contents of the Evernote-note to TheBrain even with attachments and a backlink to the note and wanted to share the script.

Here is the current feature list:

- Start TheBrain, Hotkey: WIN+b
 - Start Evernote, Hotkey: WIN+CTRL+e;
 - Everywhere: Create New TheBrain Child from selected Text, Hotkey: WIN+v
 - Everywhere: show main setup parameters for debugging, Hotkey: WIN+SHIFT+d
 - TheBrain: Swap Link-Type in TheBrain by selecting with left mouse button and Hotkey: CTRL+SHIFT+s, if it does not work, replace brain_arrowright.png with screenshot of the same size from you PC
 - Evernote: Send Note to Notebook Zettelkasten, Hotkey: CTRL+SHIFT+z
 - Evernote: Tag note aus "@brain", Type #b
 - Evernote: Tag note aus "@anki", Type #a
 - Evernote: Creates new child thought in the brain from text selection and links to Evernote-note, Hotkey: WIN+CTRL+b
 - Evernote: Creates new child thought in the brain from text selection (e.g. title) with link to evernote-note, copies notes including file attachments, file attachments such as pdf, images, etc. are ONLY TRANSFERRED when at least a space or newline exists in the note, Hotkey: WIN+CTRL+v

How to setup the script for your computer is written in the TheBrain.ahk script file.
To use it, you need Autohotkey_H V1.1 from http://www.autohotkey.net/~HotKeyIt/AutoHotkey.zip in unicode version (Win32w folder in zip file).

a_d

TheBrain 8.0.1.3 Win7 x64 J-1.7.0_45
a_d
I added a new feature in Version 0.2b:

- Outlook: Adds selected Message as thought in TheBrain, Hotkey WIN+o

For that you need to setup an existing temporary folder, e.g.:
OutlookExportPath = D:\Users\XXX\temp\

Simply change the variable OutlookExportPath.

Unfortunately, there may be error with the encoding in the notes window in TheBrain, but outlook and txt files are added as internal attachments too.

plegoux
Hello a_d

Thanks, i'll try

Patrice
Patrice Legoux

TB 7.0.4.5
Java 1.7.0_09-b05
Windows 7 64 bits SP 1

Main PC:
Toshiba Satellite, 4Gb RAM, Intel® Core™ i3-330M, 2.13GHz
Windows performance index: 5.0

PC 2:
Asus Eee PC, 2Gb RAM, Intel Atom CPU N460 0.66Ghz
Windows performance index: 2.3
plegoux
Hello,

I've try it and bugs made me stop using it. But even if don't using it I'm still having an issue ; thebrain window is always focus on top of all windows (i.e if I click on a link in TB, Chrome window open behind TB window). Do you know how to stop that ?

Thanks,

Patrice
Patrice Legoux

TB 7.0.4.5
Java 1.7.0_09-b05
Windows 7 64 bits SP 1

Main PC:
Toshiba Satellite, 4Gb RAM, Intel® Core™ i3-330M, 2.13GHz
Windows performance index: 5.0

PC 2:
Asus Eee PC, 2Gb RAM, Intel Atom CPU N460 0.66Ghz
Windows performance index: 2.3
a_d
Hi Patrice,

I can not imagine the behaviour that TheBrain window is always on top, e.g. if you open a link is due to my script.
Could you reproduce it by restarting your PC without starting my script? 
Is it only after or when using my script?

Which are the other bugs you mentioned that stopped you to use it?

If you give me some informations, I'm happy to resolve them.

Best regards,
André 
PaddyVA
FYI, See:  http://lifehacker.com/mohiomap-creates-a-mind-map-to-browse-your-evernote-1508827115 
and
http://mindmappingsoftwareblog.com/carddesk-visual-organizer-for-evernote/ and my post here in Forum a few minutes ago about Evernote Integration:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/evernote-integration-3016769?trail=45#34

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software