PaulaO
Is it possible to branch off a thought that has a lot of stuff under it into its own brain?

Like say move the business parts into its own to separate from the personal.
Take a deep breath and count to zen.
shatcher
Hi Paula,

There is a way to do this. Essentially it's copy paste.

-Ctrl-click on a Thought (cmd-click on macOS)
-Ctrl-click on other Thoughts to add them to the selection box
--If there are many Thoughts, click the top level Thought
--Edit > Select Related Thoughts
--Choose the direction and number of steps to include

-Right-click in the selection box and Copy X Thoughts
-Create a new Brain
-Right-click in the plex and paste these Thoughts

If you would like to remove those Thoughts from the first Brain, right-click in the selection box and Forget. (To delete in one step, hold shift when right-clicking and Delete will be where the option for Forget was)

Cheers, Sean
PaulaO
That was it! Thanks. I was missing the "right click in plex" part I think. Or something.
mcaton
Paula,

We have a video tutorial on this process as well that may share some additional, related options.

https://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials#selecting-multiple-thoughts

Thank you,
Matt
PaulaO
Thanks! I will go view it in a bit.

I've not delved completely into the videos yet although it seems to be the only How-To available. I am hard of hearing so listening to them is difficult. Plus some seem to be very loud and others, I have to turn the sound all the way up. One or two on YouTube has music going and that makes it even harder.
Cerebrum
It’s unfortunate that the developers of TheBrain decided not to use TheBrain as a way of accessing information about using TheBrain. 
mcaton
Paula,

Thanks again for posting.  You may want to turn on subtitles for the YouTube tutorials.  In the YouTube video window, click the CC button or the Gear Icon for Subtitle options.  The older V8 videos did have some sound inconsistencies, but the new v9 videos (available at http://www.thebrain.com/tutorials) have improved quality.

Cerebrum,

We did have a Knowledge Database available for version 8 (created in TheBrain 8) that is still available at  https://webbrain.com/u/165S and we do plan on creating and sharing a v9 Knowledgebase as well as additional documentation in the near future.

Thank you,
Matt
PaulaO
I do turn on captions but sometimes it is difficult to read as well as watch. I'm blonde AND Southern. Bless my  heart.
metta
Matt: Thanks so much for confirming the plans to make a TB9 knowledgebase! I always thought TB8 version was great -- and I'll be looking forward to using this new KB brain, along with the supplemental documentation, whenever it is available. Many thanks!

PaulaO: "blonde AND Southern" -- and adorable! ðŸ˜

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software