bwoodruff1076
Type selection for thoughts provides a text entry field for searching or entering a new thought type. 

Type selection for links require clicking "New Type" from the drop down list.

Also, although notes can be added to links, there is no indication of whether or not notes exist in the link.
metta

@bwoodruff1076 ~

I assume your preceding comments are a request for:

• (1) consistency between the "type selection" options for thoughts and links and
  • (2) a default indication of the presence of link notes.

To this 2nd item, I would like to add a request for the option of making use of the link note indicator optional. (In most cases, I would prefer to control when and how link note indicators would display.)

In the meantime, I thought this discussion on link note indicator work-arounds might be of interest, if you have not already seen it.
shatcher
Brian,

Thanks for reporting this inconsistency. I've documented it as a bug, and added your voice to the feature request for notes indicators on links.

Metta,

Thanks for sharing that link. I learned something new from that. I personally really appreciate our users on the forums, and learn some new inventive tricks here.

Cheers, Sean
bwoodruff1076
I was thinking that perhaps a good way to indicate that a link has notes attached to it would be.. instead of having a note icon, the link could be dotted in much the same way that it is when the link is selected. This dotted note indicator could also allow for the user to select the color to avoid problems with themes. I think that attaching icons to a link line would be a bad idea, but the dotted line option indicating further information on the link itself would serve as a solution.

Also it should be a toggle, in case the user doesn't actually want this visual information as with the way note icons on thoughts already work.
metta
+1 for toggle option only since I have my own preferred strategy for indicating notes and attachments on links -- and, in the web client for shared brains, I won't want note indicators on any of my links. Thanks!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software