jimyh

Hi when I try to connect to app.thebrain.com via IE11 I get a unable to connect to server message.

Though I am able to connect via Chrome 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit).

Also, if I try to click on New Brain, when I have logged in via chrome, I get the message pop up.

"app.thebrain.com says:  invalid brain name"

Quote
pthompson
James,

jimyh wrote: Hi when I try to connect to app.thebrain.com via IE11 I get a unable to connect to server message.I've just tested this on my end and have no trouble accessing the site via IE11. Are you using any security software, firewall, etc.?


jimyh wrote:
Also, if I try to click on New Brain, when I have logged in via chrome, I get the message pop up.

"app.thebrain.com says:  invalid brain name"
Also no issue with this here on my end. The same questions as above would apply here. Any security software, firewall, etc.? Any Chrome Extensions you may have enabled that block certain things? Can you try in an Incognito Tab with all extensions disabled? Does the same issue occur?

Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
Quote
mdlynam
I get the same error (Windows 7).  FWIW, I do use AdGuard on my computers.
Quote
mcaton
James,

Thanks for the additional details.  We'll schedule some Win 7 testing on the preview WebBrain.

Matt
Quote
Mudhenn
I can connect with IE11 but not with Firefox, which I am using in "private mode". So I got curious and tried to find the difference. And: If I change the Security-Settings in Firefox, so that it accepts all third-party-cookies, it works. So I looked in uMatrix and found that app.thebrain.com connects to multiple "third-party"-servers...

webbrain.jpg 

and you have to allow at least *.webbrain.com also to load the page.

webbrain2.jpg 

So check in your Internet Settings (IE Extras -> Internetoptions -> Privacy) where your settings at. After I fiddled with it to see whats happening, I found out that a) it just compromises the login-part, that means, if you are already logged in and change something it stays connected and b) I ruined my settings and spend a lot of time to (not) get it back working like before :'-(

Easiest version is to change the privacy settings from medium (or higher) to low, which works but this is not the best idea. Better: You open Extras -> Internetoptions -> Privacy -> Sites and add *.thebrain.com and *.webbrain.com to the allowed-list, which works for me.


privacy IE.PNG 



hth,
Frank
Quote
mcaton
Frank,

Thanks for the extra details!  I'll share this directly to our development team for further review.  FYI, some of this may be changing in the future with the release of v9, but your feedback and shared experience is very helpful.

Thank you,
Matt
Quote

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software