BrentK Show full post »
jostber
pthompson wrote:
Art,<br><br><div>This can, typically, be resolved via re-installation of TheBrain while Outlook is completely closed. If you have already tried that and it still isn't working, you can manually add the redemption.dll within Outlook. To do this:</div><div> </div><div>1. In Outlook 2007, go to Tools > Trust Center</div><div>2. Click on the Add-ins section</div><div>3. Click on the Go button towards the bottom.</div><div>4. Click on Add and select the redemption.dll file that (for most installs) resides in (C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain\bin)</div><div> </div><div>If you are still having trouble, please feel free to contact support directly at support@thebrain.com or <a href="http://support.thebrain.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">support.thebrain.com</a></div>

I had the same problem with my work PC and this recipe worked.
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
igoldsmid
I've got the brain 8.0.0.8 and Outlook 2013 - I cannot get emails to drag and drop into the brain. Tried all the known remedies.

Help please!
IJG
zenrain
Quote:
I've got the brain 8.0.0.8 and Outlook 2013 - I cannot get emails to drag and drop into the brain. Tried all the known remedies.

Do you have MindManager installed also? I had the same issue and nothing I did resolved it. Since I wasn't using MM any more I was able to uninstall it, manually replace the redemption.dll and then it started working.
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
Brigitte
Here are the complete instructions for outlook drag and drop: 

Please make sure you are using both the 32-bit version of Outlook and TheBrain OR the 64-bit version of Outlook and TheBrain. Both applications need to be the same bit-version or drag and drop will not work. If you have checked this and are still having trouble, this usually indicates a problem with your redemption.dll, usually caused when Outlook is still running during the installation of TheBrain. This can, typically, be resolved via re-installation of TheBrain while Outlook is completely closed. If you have already tried that and it still isn't working, you can manually add the redemption.dll within Outlook. To do this: (From Outlook) go to (File > Options > Add ins > Manage COM Add-ins > Go... > Add > ...) and select the redemption.dll file that (for most installs) resides in (C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain\bin)

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies

mikesingleton
I have had this problem for months (since February) and worked through all the suggested fixes with Patrick and even had a web meeting with him. The end result was that my log file was passed to engineering and I have heard nothing since. Ticket 34181
pthompson
mikesingleton,

I just checked with Harlan on this and he has informed me that we will likely not be able to find a solution for you if manually adding the Redemption.dll does not fix it. Outlook is difficult to work with in general. We cannot replicate the issue you're having on our end. If you really want this to work, the best advice from Harlan is to completely un-install and re-install Outlook, TheBrain, Java.

As a workaround, you should be able to drag and drop to your desktop first, then into TheBrain.
mikesingleton
Wonderful, the reason I bought outlook was because I had bought The Brain with Cloud and wanted to use all advertised features.

I did reinstall The Brain and Java after installing Outlook but still didn't work.

I have found a better way to workaround is to  add the email to Evernote and share (copy URL) then paste it to the thought or the Plex.

Not perfect but I am becoming dependent upon my brain.

Mike
bmac
last weekend I had to totally refresh my desktop system which meant the reinstallation of all major software on a Windows 7 professional 64 bit SP1 machine with 12 GB RAM. I happened to notice that I lost the ability to drag email messages from Outlook 2013 to the Plex. Prior to the refreshed, there was no problem in doing that.

I noticed that the redemption.dll file had not been installed in the COM section of Outlook add-ins. I did that and then restarted both TheBrain (version 8.0.0.8) and Outlook, but that did not resolve the issue. Prior to going through these steps of uninstalling TheBrain and reinstalling, I'm wondering if there are any other ideas.

Isn't this somewhat unusual in that the drag and drop from Outlook to the Plex had worked previously?
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
pthompson
Bill,

First, please make sure you are using both the 32-bit version of Outlook and TheBrain OR the 64-bit version of Outlook and TheBrain. Both applications need to be the same bit-version or drag and drop will not work. If they are both the same and the issue still exists, this usually indicates a problem with your redemption.dll, usually caused when Outlook is still running during the installation of TheBrain. This can, typically, be resolved via re-installation of TheBrain while Outlook is completely closed. If you have already tried that and it still isn't working, you can manually add the redemption.dll within Outlook. To do this:

(From Outlook) go to (File > Options > Add ins > Manage COM Add-ins > Go... > Add > ...) and select the redemption.dll file that (for most installs) resides in (C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain\bin)

If you are still having trouble, please contact support directly at support@thebrain.com
HeinrichUnger
Hi Patrick,

I have the same isssue. It worked bevor refreshing the Windows 8.1 PC. It even worked with Outlook2010 but it doese not work anymore with Outlook2013, but it worked before the refresh?

Do you have some new Information on this issue.

One Important remark - I could drag and drop the Inbox (called Posteingang in german).
Outlook:\\hu@inode.at%20(1)\Posteingang

This did not start, but maybe this is a hint what is wrong with the Connection to Outlook2013.

BR
Heinrich

PS: Did the resolve, restarted the Computer - and have linked it manually
bmac
Patrick – did you even read my post? If you did you would have seen that I have already worked through the known culprits.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
bmac
I now have also uninstalled the brain using Revo UnInstaller Pro so all folders and registry entries associated with TheBrain would be deleted as well. Then I installed the brain making sure that Outlook was closed during the installation. That did not help either. I still cannot drag-and-drop between Outlook 2013 and TheBrain.
Bill
bmac
one other item is very evident: for whatever reason, TheBrain version 8.0.0.8 does not automatically add the redemption.dll file to the COM items in Outlook (yes, Outlook was closed at the time of the install). I have uninstalled and reinstalled TheBrain at least three times today to check on that. But the bad news is that even by manually adding the redemption file, that does not solve the drag and drop issue discussed above.
Bill
mikesingleton
Bill, please let me know if you find a solution. I still have this problem and support was not able to solve it. 
HeinrichUnger
I have the same Problem.

It should must be solved by TheBrain.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software