jroeterd
Hello, 

Using TheBrain FreeVersion 10.0.27.0 on MacOS 10.14.1.

When I start TheBrain I can navigate with the arrow keys through my thoughts. When I start typing the instant search box gets filled and when I select an thought and hit ENTER to display it on the plex this all works as expected. 

But I the expect the focus to be on the just selected thought and that I can navigate from there using the arrow keys. This is not the case. Clicking on the thought or in the plex does not help. I am from there on unable to navigate the plex using arrow keys.

Only a restart fixes this. As a keyboard-focused person this has a big impact on my workflow. Anybody can confirm this is happening for them also? 

Regards,
Jeroen

ngzax
Yes, I am having the same issue. Brainiacs, please fix as this is a big backward step for us keyboard people.

Thanks.
Daryl
mcaton
Thanks for posting and sharing the step by step process.  I'll document for further review.

Thanks,
Matt
ngzax
Any updates on this. This really is a significant regression that substantially lowers my productivity with the Brain. I really, really, don't like having to use my mouse to select thoughts. Thanks.
Daryl
mcaton
Sorry, still documented as an open issue. No progress on a fix at this time.

Thank you,
Matt
danlandrum
I was able to get the keyboard navigation working by changing the navigation shortcut from the arrow key only to Shift-arrow. 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
ngzax
Thanks! That's a great idea.

I wasn't able to use Shift-arrow because that takes over Shift-arrow in the Notes editor as well and makes it not work. Unfortunately, that's also the case with Option-Arrow and Command-Arrow.

What I was able to settle on, as a vim user, was Ctrl-H, J, K, and L for left, down, up, and right and then use Ctrl-; for "Navigate Enter." (Since plain enter didn't seem to work for it anymore after using the alternate keys for navigation.
Daryl
danlandrum
Even better Daryl. Thank you.
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mcaton
This is helpful feedback.  I'll add your notes as a temporary work around to this issue.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software