rengel
The parent 'Software' has the child 'Flaggen', but the child has no parent (see the video). This was taken after a 'Perform Data Integrity Scan'.
Reinhard, TB 10.0.36.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
Tyler
Hi Rengel,

The reason why it is not appearing the plex is because it is a thought type. You can visually identify thought types if it has rounded edges. You can right click on your thought type called "Software" and select "Visible When Parent of Active Thought" to make it appear connected to and above "Flaggen".

Tyler
mctrexler
Tyler, welcome aboard!

Wish we could select "invisible" for thought types in the Web Client.  It's like going to a fashion show where you want people to see the outfits you designed, and someone is handing out special glasses that let you see the models' skeletons.  Make thought types invisible in the Web Client, or at least provide the option!  :-) 

Mark
metta
Yes to BOTH!

Welcome, Tyler -- and thank you, Mark, for surfacing this request again! I agree completely that brain owners show have the option of hiding thought types in the web client -- and your analogy is perfect. If thought types are functioning as an admin setting (only), we need to be able to hide them in the web client so they don't confuse our web site visitors!

In addition, the status of a thought type in the desktop app (hidden or visible) should automatically be mirrored in the web client. I sincerely hope we wouldn't have to manage this visibility setting separately: once in the desktop and then again (separately) in the web client. Pretty please!
mctrexler
Thanks Metta.  Just to clarify as you note, I use Types for organizational purposes, so seeing them is confusing (clicking on a type heading calls up hundreds of child thoughts - people will freak!).   But there should be a universal setting.  Silly to have to set the setting for each of 100 Types. 

Mark
Tyler

Thank you for the welcoming committee! I verified that the option to make thought types invisible in the web client  and related questions was a documented feature request. 

Metta, I saw that your name was tagged on the request as well. 

Tyler

metta
Many thanks, Tyler! Very much appreciate your prompt follow-up and confirmation ðŸ™‚
metta
mctrexler wrote:
...there should be a universal setting.  Silly to have to set the setting for each of 100 Types.Mark

Actually, both of the following options would be great since some users might like to show thought types selectively in the web client:
> universal hide/show option
> selective hide/show option for individual thought types

In addition, I'd like to confirm that whatever thought type display settings are used in the desktop will be automatically reflected in the web client -- and vice versa.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software