Underdog
Quote:
TheBrain 8.0.1.5 is now available for download and includes the following fixes:

Version 8.0.1.5
March 11, 2015
  • Fixed: Notes > Insert Table doesn’t work properly on Mac OS (#2063)
  • Optimization added for instant search

is that it? Well, I'm quite disappointed with that. I am surely not the only user with a couple of open known issues waiting to be fixed and was hoping the next update would include more than just one bug fix and one improvement. What is going on? You're not spending too much time on Perceptuous, are you?

My primary open issues:
  1. Calendar bug, initially reported in 2008! Please fix this so we don't have to harangue you any longer!!!! I am not alone on this one and it could be potential show-stopper for implementing TheBrain in the company I work for.
  2. Advanced Search Window bug - wow, can't believe this one was never reported! Has existed probably since PersonalBrain 4.

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

sudeepshroff
Yes... Calendar issue is the most needed problem to be solved for the most of TheBrain users. It needs to be fixed somehow...
danlandrum
On a positive note, I haven't had the <meta> anomaly in notes since this update. I wonder if whatever is was that you corrected in table formatting also healed that bug? 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mcaton
Thank you for posting. I do know that our engineers were researching the cause of the more frequent calandar syncing issues. However, until recently , it was working fine for myself and many others. I have now experienced the same issue on my local machine as well! Keeping up with Gmail/Google Calendar updates and changes to their algorithm has been a tricky process. They've had recent updates to their systems on Feb. 4, March 6 and again on March 10 (and these are only the 'recent' updates) - all of which potentially could cause problems in how our application communicates with them.  I'm sure you can see cycle. We fix, they update, we need to fix again...

The calendar features in TheBrain have come under a great deal of discussion as we continue developing the next generation of Brain technology. I'll bring this to particular feature up with our engineers as well as we continue moving forward.

I've confirmed with Patrick that the accelerator issue you've mentioned is indeed on our engineer's todo list.  It might not be to high on the list at this point, but I'll see if I can bump it up a few notches.

danlandrum - nice to hear that you are having more success with the recent Notes patch.

Thank you!
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software