shiiko
Hi I just upgraded from 8.0.1.4 32-bit to 8.0.1.5 64-bit, including the necessary upgrade to Java.   Now my brain opens to one thought stating that "no starting thought found".   The are zero thoughts.    Any suggestions?  Revert back to 32-bit?
pthompson
This is an issue with the Brain database, not TheBrain app (we just released version 8.0.1.6 by the way). Please try restoring your Brain database from its automatic backup. 

When TheBrain accesses a Brain database, it automatically creates a backup each time the Brain is opened. Note that this backup is not a substitute for a full backup that should be done using TheBrain Cloud Services or the Create BrainZip option as it does not include any of the attachments and other data that is not contained within the Brain database directly.

In order to revert to the automatic backup, the _brain folder will be needed. This folder can be found where your Brain database is stored.

Reverting to the automatic database backup:

1. Close TheBrain if it is running.

2. Backup the _brain folder in case a problem is encountered during the reversion.

3. Open the _brain folder and find the brain_db folder.

4. Rename the brain_db folder to brain_db_old

5. Reopen TheBrain and open the Brain that is being restored.

6. Let the restoration process continue and complete. 

If you are still having trouble after this, please let me know.

shiiko
Still having problems Patrick.  Empty brain opens (no starting thought found).
pthompson
shiiko,

Please contact us directly for support by emailing support@thebrain.com or by visiting support.thebrain.com. We will most likely need you to share your Brain with us for a closer look.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software