kimono
I have licensed PB Core, everytime I import a file I get the "Upgrade to Personal Brain Pro Prompt to import multiple attachments". This is annoying, can it be disabled?

thnx.

Ralf
That' funny. I have a licensed Core as well but I don't get the reminder when importing files into the brain.
When the Pro trial expired PB started with a "Do you want to upgrade to Core?". Then I chose "no" .... maybe it has something to do with that?

Regards, Ralf
kimono
Something must have went wrong with the process. I was evaluating Pro, entered my Core key, but still getting these prompts.

I can't see an option anywhere to get rid of it.... I guess reinstall ...

Harlan
When you say "every time I import a file", what command are you referring to exactly? Core will always give you that message if you try to add more than one attachment to a single thought. Likewise, the file > import > folder command will not allow you to import folders that have multiple files associated under a single folder.
Regards,
-Harlan
kimono
The usual way I do it is dragging a file from my desktop or some other folder onto the plex, creating a new thought for it, then I right click it and move into brain. It happens everytime, as if it thinks there's already a file there.
Harlan
That sounds like a bug. We'll investigate and get a fix out asap. Thanks for posting.
Regards,
-Harlan
kimono
kewl thanks. If you can't reproduce it let me know, as it's still happening here. I wondered if it's tied into evaluating Pro-mode but then only licensing Core mode.
twospoons
I am definately not getting along with this pop up message...

I have a thought that I attached multiple files to during the Pro Trial.  Now that the trial has expired, EVERY time I even mouse over the thought this message pops up.  I cannot click on the though to select or activate it because this message keeps popping up.  The only way I can activate it is to search for it, which again brings up the message.  Once the thought is activated, only one thought is displayed in the properties and attachments window anyway?

I'm not trying to add multiple attachments to a single thought.  I'm just trying to use a .brain file that I was using during the Pro version trial.  Would a more practical use of the Core edition be to display this message if the user is trying to ADD additional attachments to the thought?
Wes
mcaton
Good news. 

PersonalBrain 4.0.9.0 has just been released and includes a fix for this issue.  4.1.0.6 Beta contains the fix as well.

http://www.thebrain.com/download.

Thanks,
Matt
twospoons
What exactly was fixed?  How is the application supposed to function?

I just downloaded 4.1.0.6 and I am still having trouble.  I still cannot click on the thought to activate it.  The message pops up multiple times for every mouseover.  Even just leaving that particular .brain file open for longer than a couple of minutes in the background (brain window is not active) while typing this reply and the message popped up again and continues popping up after clicking no over and over again.
Wes
mcaton
Wes,

This pop up issue should have been resolved with the latest version.  We'll be contacting you directly to try and troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software