rengel
Enter the follwing URL into the address field Firefox (62.0.3 (64-bit)) and visit the page:

https://www.expert.de/#83a15968-ddbf-479e-99c9-e74678a44b09|NONE?autoDetection=3

Create a test thought in a brain.
Try to drag the URL from the weppage onto the thought.
On my machine this produces the follwing error message:
URLError.png  I sent the error report.

Reinhard TB 9.1.19.0 and 10.0.25.0. WIN 10

Quality is the result of the attention paid to details.
rengel
Could anybody confirm this?

metta
@Rengel ~

The URL you shared you shared redirects to the following destination:
> https://www.expert.de/norden

However, you asked us to test the longer URL you've provided above, correct?

The reason I ask is that in my browser the URL redirects to the new destination before I would ever have a chance to drag it into my brain.

Perhaps that is the reason you're getting an error message when you try to drag the URL into your brain?
rengel
metta wrote:
@Rengel ~

The URL you shared you shared redirects to the following destination:
> https://www.expert.de/norden

However, you asked us to test the longer URL you've provided above, correct?

The reason I ask is that in my browser the URL redirects to the new destination before I would ever have a chance to drag it into my brain.

Perhaps that is the reason you're getting an error message when you try to drag the URL into your brain?

Thanks for testing!
Yes, I meant the longer URL. If I click on the URL given in this thread, my browser (Firefox) shows exactly the address/page given. (It shows popup with a map of my vicinity.) Could be dependent on one's own location, I don't know...
If I then drag the address into my brain, the error is NOT reproduced.
Sorry, maybe some glitch...

metta
Interesting! I just now clicked on the original link you provided again, and this time I got exactly the same behavior you described, also using my default (Firefox) browser:
> my browser (Firefox) shows exactly the address/page given. (It shows popup with a map of my vicinity.)

Not sure why this didn't happen the first time I tested the link -- and then, when I tested drag/drop into TB10.0.20, it worked flawlessly.

Glad if it is working now for you, too. 🙂
mcaton
Confirmed.  The long URL does in fact cause an error for me too.  This issue is documented and under review.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
... Also interesting that dragging and dropping from Chrome and the same (long) link will work...

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software