zenrain
is there a URL scheme we can use for workflows and automation? (like there was in the prior verision)
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.219
zenrain
Bump. [biggrin]
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.219
rhm2k
I concur!
I use Drafts extensively as my collection point for iOS devices, and I would VERY much like to have the URL scheme available for that and work Workflow.app.

- RHM
zenrain
Bump. This is still an open question. 
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.219
Harlan
Can you give an example of how you used this?
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Yes, I used the Workflow app to get the site URL and Page Title from Safari. I then made the page Title in title case and copied it to the clipboard. Finally I had workflow send the web page URL to TheBrain on iOS using the app URL. 

When TheBrain automatically opened I could create a new thought and paste in the page title as the name. Then I could add the web page from the Inbox. 
I had this working and a copy posted in the iOS forum so anyone with the Workflow app could use it. 

This really smooths out a difficult workflow for TheBrain iOS, adding a new thought from a web page. Otherwise I have to create the thought, remember what the page is called, type the name, then add the URL.
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.219
Harlan
Thanks for explaining. The URL scheme you are thinking of existing only because when that version was released, there was no other way to share from Safari to TheBrain. In V9, the inbox can be accessed via iOS's share sheets.

If you could create a thought from an item in the inbox (which would name the thought based on the page's title, just like on the desktop) that would accomplish the same thing, but better, correct?
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Yup, that's correct and would be appreciated!
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.219

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software