rengel
Is there any chance to get user definable attributes for thoughts?

I'm collecting a lof of historical data with PB, and I need to sort them in chronological order badly (i.e. authors and dates of the publication of his books or biographical dates etc.).

And no: I don't want to put the date in front of thought titles, just to have them sort correctly.

Thoughts with user defineable (and sortable!) attributes might solve this problem. Many things have an internal structure (i.e. book - author, title, publisher, date published; person - name, date born, date died; addresses, etc.; just the usual database stuff!). To make these attributes child thoughts would be an overkill. 

Right know there is no decent way to store this kind of data (short of self discipline).

Or am I missing something?

Reinhard TB 8.0.1.5 win8-64, J-1.7.0_x
jostber
This is one of the few things we know the PB team has been working on that is not implemented yet. Ref. to this UserVoice case:

http://thebrain.uservoice.com/forums/4597-thebrain/suggestions/70182-node-types-with-structured-meta-data-

The comment has been there for a long while though.

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

rengel
jobster, thanks for the link!
I wasn't aware of that.

Reinhard TB 8.0.1.5 win8-64, J-1.7.0_x
jostber
Will be interesting to see how this works. Hope this will extend to link parameters as well.

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software