Visnet

I have been testing the beta today from my office, which uses a proxy server to the outside world.
The issue that has been in version 7 is still in this beta.
Steps I have to take ervery time I start thebrain:

1. start thebrain and wait for the timout to start with offline brains.
2. In the window showing all my offline brains I can choose login in the bottom of the screen.
3. Here I choose settings and remove the proxy and add my login info.
4. wait again for the list of brains to show offline brains - here a popup screen will show in between complaining about not having internet.
5. Close thebrain and restart and wait for the timout to start with offline brains.
6. In the window showing all my offline brains I can choose login in the bottom of the screen.
7.  Here I choose settings and add the proxy back and add my login info.
8. Happy time, I can use my brains and sync to webbrain.

All I can think of is that when starting the application, proxy settings are not used correctly initially. Only after going through configuration this is corrected.
I sure would hope this issue is delt with for the new version?

Regards,

Wim Vuyk

mcaton
Wim,

Thank you for posting. Just too be clear, your Brain is remembering your proxy settings, but won't connect until you log out, clear your setting and log back in again with the same setting info?  Then everything works fine?

Thank you,
Matt Caton
TheBrain Technologies
Visnet
Matt,

Exactly, thebrain consistently keeps the proxy configuration, but will not start directly with these setting. Only after starting with a empty proxy config and then changing the proxy configuration will work creating a connection to the webbrain.

What I do daily now is trying to remember is to clear the proxy setting before closing the brain. This will save me the first few steps the next day.

Regards,

Wim

XOver
Just to Chime in:

Wim,

thanks a lot for that tip.

I'm having the exact same problem. Only after reading your tip I was able to login.

But at least it's working.

Sure would like to see that age old issue fixed...

Regards

XOver
Visnet
A release candidate is anounced, and this issue is still not adressed? it has been reported more than a year ago! Why is thebrain so lacking in user support? I think I made a clear report on how this issue is occurring!  

A very, very disapointed user.

Wim

pthompson
Wim,

This has been reported as an issue and our engineers are looking into it.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software