Develop

I have reviewed the SiteBrain section of the The Brain 7 User Guide  as a precursor to purchasing and have the following questions...

In a SiteBrain exported to my own web site:

___  Are the custom background colors and images retained from my desktop Plex?

___  How about text settings: fonts, colors, and other RTF features?

___  Notes and tags?

___  LINKS: Are the curved links, link labels, directional indicators, and other v7 enhanced link features retained?

___ Can I link to files, such as PDFs or .docs, stored on my site in a SiteBrain hosted on my web site?

Finally, what are some examples of well executed sites using SiteBrain that were exported and integrated on their own web sites?

What else should I know about SiteBrain?

Thank you for all your help!  

Don

Best wishes to all who look at signature lines.
mcaton
Don,

Thank you for posting.  Some of the custom attributes will be retained in the sitebrain.  Background colors or wallpaper and thought colors for example will show up in your SiteBrain. Tags, curved links, link settings and custom font settings will currently not show up in a SiteBrain.

File attachments and notes will be saved in your SiteBrain.  However, keep in mind that linked files will only show up if the SiteBrain can access the path and file location.  In other words, HTML links will work fine from any machine that is online, but if I'm linking to a local file and I open my SiteBrain from another machine, it won't be able to follow the path back to that original local document.

I don't have any online SiteBrain examples to share with you.  Most online examples tend to be WebBrain.  You could learn more about WebBrain publishing at  http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/sharing/website/ 

Please let me know if you have additional questions about SiteBrain or if you would like to set up a one on one webinar to review the SiteBrain features in further detail.

Thank you,
Matt 

Adathome
mcaton wrote: Don,

Thank you for posting.  Some of the custom attributes will be retained in the sitebrain.  Background colors or wallpaper and thought colors for example will show up in your SiteBrain. Tags, curved links, link settings and custom font settings will currently not show up in a SiteBrain.

I don't have any online SiteBrain examples to share with you.  Most online examples tend to be WebBrain.  You could learn more about WebBrain publishing at  http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/sharing/website/ 

Please let me know if you have additional questions about SiteBrain or if you would like to set up a one on one webinar to review the SiteBrain features in further detail.

Thank you,
Matt 

Matt

Look at the comments in this forum;
http://forums.thebrain.com/post/V7-Sitebrain-example-wanted-5755887
(Comment TheBrain JBennet april 2012
If you are dissatisfied with the SiteBrain experience on TheBrain 7 and would like to be refunded for your purchase...
Sorry but this is not the answer i am waiting for..... for me this is a reason to stop with comments on this message board)

Sitebrain is still  not fully functional ..................

Example same brain as sitebrain and webrain:

Sitebrain see:
http://adschevers.nl/ruimteclassificatie/#-82 > examples sitebrain
the background color thought need to be white like the original brain!

Webbrain see:
http://webbrain.com/brain/brain/70CFFE5C-57F4-DBEF-167B-01511BA88240/thought/82/options/showPins=false,

- the same brain gives in a webbrain and sitebrain different background and text colors?
- in webbrain the background picture is missing (only a flash when opening the webbrain(
- in webbrain the table lines are missing
- in webbrain line spacing is different

It is still not possible to get a vertical screen split brain | notes
in webbrain

Regards, Ad Divide knowledge = multiply knowledge (Windows 8 - Java 1.8.0-05 - TB 7.0.4.5)
mcaton
Ad,

Thank you for posting.  You are correct, SiteBrain and Brains on the cloud (WebBrain) will have different results within their displays.  SiteBrains do not support background color, however, they do support wallpaper.  You might want to create a basic wallpaper with the desired color grad in the background and re-compile.  This should give you the effect you are looking for.  SiteBrain does also not support the thought background color setting, so keep this in mind when creating the wallpaper and colored thoughts so that everything looks right in the final SiteBrain.  I'll add these items as feature requests for our engineers.

Also, regarding Brains on the cloud, wallpapers should be displaying properly.  Make sure you are using a .jpg or .png image.  Also, the smaller the file size, the easier it will be to load.  I will also add your requests for supporting table boarder colors and a verticle split screen.

Thank you,
Matt
Adathome
mcaton wrote: Ad,
SiteBrains do not support background color,  SiteBrain does also not support the thought background color setting.  I'll add these items as feature requests for our engineers.

I will also add your requests for "webbrain" supporting table boarder colors and a verticle split screen.

Thank you,
Matt

Matt thanks for your answer, creating to similar brains with different linespacing , background colors etc. for sitebrain and one for webbrain is not working for me.

I hope your engineers will realize these feature requests very soon.
Regards, Ad Divide knowledge = multiply knowledge (Windows 8 - Java 1.8.0-05 - TB 7.0.4.5)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software