enkidu Show full post »
bmac
Thanks Patrick. I appreciate your honest and fast response. That in itself is good to see.

I believe one of the minor bugs was the capitalization issue when Outlook email was dragged into the Plex. All of the capitals were minimized to lowercase. Now granted that has been finally fixed with version 8 but if I'm not mistaken, that little bug itself was over one year old. The other, again minor, bug which has been reported at least one or two months ago -- may be longer -- is that when dragging an email attachment to the Plex with the intention of just archiving the attachment, the entire email message is moved to the plex.

Any one of these little buglets is more an inconvenience than a major malfunction. The brain does what is advertised, thank goodness, and I rely on this functionality. In fact, the brain has become a critical piece of software for me and has been ever since I started using it back in 1998 with version 3. I also believe that your development efforts need to be properly compensated but I always hope that pricing is dependent on value delivered and when I saw the number fixes corrected in the version 8 beta I had to wonder what was the major value enhancement for the new version.

And I must apologize as I did not  read the upgrade page but just relied on the information presented in the prior post. That is a bad habit. So, thanks again for the information. I hope next year at this time you have 2 million registered users.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
pthompson
bmac wrote:
The other, again minor, bug which has been reported at least one or two months ago -- may be longer -- is that when dragging an email attachment to the Plex with the intention of just archiving the attachment, the entire email message is moved to the plex.

Unfortunately, this is no longer possible due to the changes Microsoft has made with Outlook. You will have to first save the attachment then add it to your Brain.

HeinrichUnger
Daily fixes? When was the last upgrade from V7?

To be honest dear Mr. Thompson that seams a Little astonishing one year no fix?
HeinrichUnger
Hi Patrick,

V7 does not find the Update to V8, by using Checking for updates. SO If I want to upgrade - I have to download and install. I hope, that will not be mentioned as +1 licence used.

BR
Heinrich
HeinrichUnger
enkidu wrote:
OK I've put my money where my mouth is.

I have just purchased the v8 pro license, and this morning I have migrated my main brain to v8.0.0.4

kind regards
enkidu

Hi Enkidu

upgrade means download V8 and install in the same Directory?

BR
Heinrich
enkidu
hallo Heinrich

upgrade means giving TheBrain 99$ / 1.353 = 72€ for their hard work since the v8 beta program started on 10/5/2012 (Mr Thompson, I also do my research ;-)

technically, I've been running v7 and v8 back to back for 4 months now, and yesterday I simply paid the $$$€€€

I dont use the installer, but the zipped versions, I find it easier to maintain

simply unzip v7 and v8 in different directories.

cheers
enkidu

HeinrichUnger
Hi enkidu,

I will do so. Install in a different Directory - just für backup reasons.

I know I am a Little paranoid, but I am working in IT for 30 years [biggrin]

I hope this will not cost me a licence.

BR
Heinrich
enkidu
with minimal tweaking you can even have 32bit and 64bit versions in the same directory

This is perfectly useless of course, but hey, after 30 years in IT ... ;-)

./enkidu
HeinrichUnger
As you say it seesm to be a Little useless.

And 30 year in it with USERS!, so I am working in a very pragmatic way and a Little bit paranoid cause of users behaviour. [cool]
enkidu
[smile]
[brain_versions_showoff]
bmac
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac
The other, again minor, bug which has been reported at least one or two months ago -- may be longer -- is that when dragging an email attachment to the Plex with the intention of just archiving the attachment, the entire email message is moved to the plex.

Unfortunately, this is no longer possible due to the changes Microsoft has made with Outlook. You will have to first save the attachment then add it to your Brain.

Patrick - what change in Outlook are you referring to?  I use Office 2010 SP2 (have been since it was released) and TheBrain at one time did simply allow the dragging of an email attachment into the Plex.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software