Harlan
Version 4.0.7.1 is up now. This version fixes many problems with prior releases and hopefully will be very stable. BrainZip functionality lets you easily backup your Brain and is also a convenient format for sending your Brain via email.

Important fixes include: drag and drop of attachments from Outlook 2002 and 2003, Templates fixes for Mac, Vista, and Linux, Thought Icon fixes for Mac and Linux.

On Windows the option to startup automatically has been added.

Version 4.0.7.1

July 8, 2007

• BrainZip
    • New command Create BrainZip added to File menu
    • BrainZip files (.brainzip) contain all the information in your Brain without the indexes and other cached information that can be regenerated
    • BrainZips are compressed and can be used if you want to send your Brain to someone via email or as a convenient form of backup
    • To open a BrainZip, simply use the Open Brain… command
  • Update Checking
    • Edition information is submitted in when checking for updates
    • When updates are found, additional information is presented to the user
    • PersonalBrain does not quit before opening the site to download update
  • Changes
    • Better error tracking information is preserved in log files
    • Drag and drop of multiple items at once
    • Templates folder is now stored in the user folder instead of in program folder
      • Fixes problem with upgrades deleting the templates folder on Mac OS
      • Fixes permissions problems under Vista and Linux
    • Added tips for BrainZip use.
    • When wallpaper is selected, it is automatically copied to within the brain folder and saved using a local path (this allows wallpapers to be moved with Brains)
  • Search
    • Added options to turn off the indexing of URL attachments and file attachments
    • File attachments larger than 10 MB are not indexed
  • Windows
    • Added option to open automatically on startup
  • Mac OS
    • Fixed issue with attachments table not showing any icons for URLs that do not have favicons associated with them
    • Improved file icons for HTML
  • Fixes
    • Fixed: Drag and drop of email attachments from Outlook 2002/2003 does not work
    • Fixed: New Brains are created in a default location if the last location cannot be used
    • Fixed: Images pasted into notes are not moved from the temp folder
    • Default export folder is inside the My Documents path under Windows
    • Creation of attachments from templates shows error messages if problems are encountered during creation of an attachment.
    • Fixed: Temporary folders created during PBA export are never deleted
Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus
Harlan

Is the 10MB indexing limit an absolute technical requirement or is will it be a user selected option?

cheers

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Shiiko
Harlan,
FYI, narrowed down the problem that comes up when installing PB to the Spybot Teatimer.  I kill that process and the installation continues.  Since a couple of versions back (and again on 4.0.7.1) I have gotten a message saying that the installation cannot proceed due to PB being open, even though it has been shut down.

Harlan
Shiiko wrote: Harlan,
FYI, narrowed down the problem that comes up when installing PB to the Spybot Teatimer.  I kill that process and the installation continues.  Since a couple of versions back (and again on 4.0.7.1) I have gotten a message saying that the installation cannot proceed due to PB being open, even though it has been shut down.

Thanks for update Shiiko, we'll note that for future reference.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Spacenexus wrote:
Is the 10MB indexing limit an absolute technical requirement or is will it be a user selected option?

At this point, we have turned it on permanently to see if it eliminates the indexing problem we have had reported. In a future release, there will be an option to adjust the maximum size.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software